PokeChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PokeChat

Welcome to PokeChat. For both Pokemaniacs and occasional players! (Currently spam-free! ..For now.)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What got you into pokemon, and why do you still play?

Go down 
+3
Twizdid
Shadow*91
Splash_King
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Splash_King
Splash_King

Female Posts : 604
Mood : Splashing
Something random : Magikarps - YOU LIEK THAM?
PokeCoins : 1491

What got you into pokemon, and why do you still play? Empty
PostSubject: What got you into pokemon, and why do you still play?   What got you into pokemon, and why do you still play? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 5:11 am

Yep, this thread just had to be made. As the title says, what got you into the marvelous world of pokemon? And ofcourse, why do you still play today?

What got me into it, you ask? Back as a kid, the anime. The exact reason it was made - to brainwash children - worked perfectly on me. And so I got Red(should of got blue..), and played it over and over.

The reason why I still play? At first, it was just because it was a trend passing over every kid in the entire world. But once I got to GSC, something clicked in my mind. "..Legendaries are rare. I should start collecting them!! :D", I thought something like that. So I started replaying all my versions to get legendaries and high lv. pokes. Why did I do this? Addiction. I kept doing this until the very day I got my Diamond & Pearl, all the way up to Emerald. I did legendary hunt for awhile in DP, though.

The reason I'm still playing TODAY, is I still love pokemon in the deepest region of this artic tundra of a heart, but now it's for the competitive aspect. Building competitive pokes from scratch is fun, theorizing what to build them into is fun, and ofcourse, battling competitively is extravagantly fun.
Back to top Go down
Shadow*91
Shadow*91

Male Posts : 227
Location : My house....nothing but a cardboard shack with electricity.
Mood : BORED! SAVE ME FROM BOREDOM!
Something random : Check out my RP! The Order in the Roleplaying sub-forum.
PokeCoins : 596

PostSubject: Re: What got you into pokemon, and why do you still play?   What got you into pokemon, and why do you still play? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 8:49 pm

all the variety. i don't like games where you know EXACTLY what the enemy will do. pokemon has so much variety, even on 2 of the poke
Back to top Go down
Twizdid
Admin
Twizdid

Female Posts : 242
Mood : Breaking the habit, praying for some help
Something random : iUberXlyPwnUN3wbishly
PokeCoins : 540

PostSubject: Re: What got you into pokemon, and why do you still play?   What got you into pokemon, and why do you still play? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 12:43 am

What got you into pokemon?: My mum's friend's son found Ruby on the side of the road and gave it to me. x]

Why I kept playing it: It entertained me for hours. I could level up pokemon just to be able to one-hit-KO.. and friends at school played it aswell.

Why I play it now: Because If I don't beat the stupid Emerald E4 I'll kill someone.
Nah, I dunno why I still play lol.
Boredom, or maybe addiction?
PikaPikaChuuuu! o3o
Back to top Go down
http://pokechat.omgforum.net
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: What got you into pokemon, and why do you still play?   What got you into pokemon, and why do you still play? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 6:29 am

I'd be thrilled if someone found a ruby in some random place and gave it to me.. mainly because my Ruby was stolen. -.-; I still have no idea who's stupid enough to steal a pokemon game.

Boredom and addiction go well together for.. well, more addiction. Razz
Back to top Go down
Dal
Dal

Male Posts : 348
Mood : That depends...
Something random : Just remember this: take the blue pill.
PokeCoins : 970

PostSubject: Re: What got you into pokemon, and why do you still play?   What got you into pokemon, and why do you still play? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 4:19 pm

Hmm... how did I get into it? I've been playing since I was so young I can't remember...

I think it had something to do with my Uncle giving me Gold.

I still play because the series is fun. ;D
Back to top Go down
Twizdid
Admin
Twizdid

PostSubject: Re: What got you into pokemon, and why do you still play?   What got you into pokemon, and why do you still play? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 1:13 am

TheOriginalOne-CK wrote:
I'd be thrilled if someone found a ruby in some random place and gave it to me.. mainly because my Ruby was stolen. -.-; I still have no idea who's stupid enough to steal a pokemon game.

Boredom and addiction go well together for.. well, more addiction. Razz
Lol. The internal battery was dead in it though. Meaning time and time related events didn't work.
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: What got you into pokemon, and why do you still play?   What got you into pokemon, and why do you still play? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 3:41 am

Well, atleast it wasn't a 1st gen or 2nd gen game, because then it wouldn't be able to hold a save file for more than say.. 20 minutes. Internal batteries dieing in the 3rd gen games is annoying, but atleast your save file remains in tact. >_>
Back to top Go down
Twizdid
Admin
Twizdid

PostSubject: Re: What got you into pokemon, and why do you still play?   What got you into pokemon, and why do you still play? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 5:35 am

Yeah. I sold it to get money to buy Emerald. Internal battery and cloning cheat/glitch ftw.
Back to top Go down
Bodine

Male Posts : 51
Mood : Bodiney
Something random : McSex
PokeCoins : 171

PostSubject: Re: What got you into pokemon, and why do you still play?   What got you into pokemon, and why do you still play? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 2:01 pm

For my answer, please look at my post in my thread located in the Red & Blue forum.
Back to top Go down
Gbj153
Gbj153

Female Posts : 186
Mood : OMFG my fan spontaniously burst into flames! WTF?!!!
Something random : GOT RICE BI*CH?!
PokeCoins : 585

PostSubject: Re: What got you into pokemon, and why do you still play?   What got you into pokemon, and why do you still play? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 12:35 am

Lets see o3o......

Back in 1998 or 1999 or something, i used to play pokemon red and yellow, then i forgot about it :<

Later pokemon ruby and saphire came out and i played my friend's ruby and fell in loved with it, i bought pokemon leafgreen later

Then sometime later, pokemon diamond &pearl came out! i bought diamond and played it for maybe an year...then my friend broke it =_=

So i bought platinum and is currently still playing :3
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: What got you into pokemon, and why do you still play?   What got you into pokemon, and why do you still play? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 12:47 am

Lol, so you sort of went with the fad's flow, then? Sounds pretty typical. ... Sort of like me, until my poke-diction kicked in.

Pogeymanz, my anti-drug. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Gbj153
Gbj153

PostSubject: Re: What got you into pokemon, and why do you still play?   What got you into pokemon, and why do you still play? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 1:26 am

Fad's flow my butt
I play untill i get bored lol. Wiichat about 2 years ago was buzzing and booming in the pokemon section. The pokemon section alone had 1/2 or more of the wiichat's total posts. Now.......Thats what kept me to pokemon, there was always people online. They completely erased the pokemon section like twice lol. I miss alot of people there that used to be active... Like Chicagoan for one
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: What got you into pokemon, and why do you still play?   What got you into pokemon, and why do you still play? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 1:28 am

Chicagoan came back to the DP forums awhile ago, we were supposed to have a battle. ... Sadly, he disappeared before we could yet again. Is he any good at competitive battling?

If only I'd shown up a year ago, or so... =/
Back to top Go down
Storm
Storm

Male Posts : 416
Mood : MYAW! The King Has Returned
Something random : Definition of Love: Making a shot to the kneecap of a target 120 Kilometers away using an Aratech SD Sniper Rifle with a Tri-Light Scop. - HK-47
PokeCoins : 1240

PostSubject: Re: What got you into pokemon, and why do you still play?   What got you into pokemon, and why do you still play? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 1:44 am

Well... This is interesting...

Back in the day, before the GB games came out, prolly before the show aired in the U.S, I went to a store and saw a starter deck of cards labeled "Pokemon". I bought it purely out of interest, having never heard of it. This is like, back when their used to be only one Wal Mart per city.

I took it home, opened the pack and saw a holographic Machamp. I looked through the rest, thinking they were weird as hell. Charmeleon got to me though... I then heard of a series called Pokemon coming out in the summer, being a fan of WB, I watched it every day. The day that Charmeleon evolved into Charizard on the show got me. I was PokeHooked. Thats why Charizard is still my favorite.

When ?I heard a game was coming out, I had to get it. I got the GB game, both of them, played the shit out of them. Bought Yellow, wiped the floor with the E4. Bought every N64 game, everything Pokemon, I was hooked. I especially favored Pkmn Puzzle League, as it strayed from the anime while stabilizing the mind.

To this day, I still have that burning image of Charizard every time I hear "Pokemon". I dont watch the show anymore, because it has failed.

To me, very corny but true, the saddest Pkmn episode was in the Johto Journeys when Ash had to give up his Charizard. Very sad time... Because that was also the week someone close to me had died, so it hit home all the way. Very sad day for me...

Anyways, thats my story.
Back to top Go down
Gbj153
Gbj153

PostSubject: Re: What got you into pokemon, and why do you still play?   What got you into pokemon, and why do you still play? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 1:46 am

haha chicagoan is amazing! When i actually used to be good (this was forever ago on my diamond lol) He beat me easily! CK, i'd love to battle you once i get my teams set up Smile
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: What got you into pokemon, and why do you still play?   What got you into pokemon, and why do you still play? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 1:49 am

Pokemon Cards before the anime AND games... ? That's a pretty odd order, interesting story, Storm.

Friends passing away and the pokemon anime (rhyme not intended, seriously), ... odd, I have a recollection of something like that. Pokemon is too cheery to be watching when something depressing just happened. =/

Gbj153 wrote:
haha chicagoan is amazing! When i actually used to be good (this was forever ago on my diamond lol) He beat me easily! CK, i'd love to battle you once i get my teams set up Smile

Normally I'd say challenge accepted, but... I challenged you first. Razz A battle it is, whenever you're ready.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What got you into pokemon, and why do you still play?   What got you into pokemon, and why do you still play? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What got you into pokemon, and why do you still play?
Page 1 of 1