PokeChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PokeChat

Welcome to PokeChat. For both Pokemaniacs and occasional players! (Currently spam-free! ..For now.)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The "What's your team?" thread!

Go down 
+9
J
Twizdid
bigwillly
Fox
Shadow*91
Porygon-Ultimate
Dal
Storm
Splash_King
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Splash_King
Splash_King

Female Posts : 604
Mood : Splashing
Something random : Magikarps - YOU LIEK THAM?
PokeCoins : 1491

The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 8:37 pm

Espmaster1 wrote:
Umbreon!
Well, he's the best non-uber Pokemon that has good defense stats in both areas that I can think of. The uber choices are Registeel and the already mentioned Deoxys Defense. And plus he's unexpected....

Registeel isn't uber, he's not even standard. Razz He's a bad choice though, fire attacks in the sun will RAPE him. Regirock isn't a bad idea at all, though. Water damage is lowered in the sun, he has massive defense, and he can hit somewhat hard and act as a physical tank. The only problem is his fighting/ground/grass weaknesses, since they're common moves. However, you have a few resists to those types on your team, so you should be fine if you use him.

Actually, Umbreon isn't all-that great as a wall. Lack of a reliable recovery move (although this problem is solved during sunlight, so giving him Moonlight if you do use him isn't a bad idea), low offensive stats, and weak to fighting make him a somewhat lesser physical wall. He does have special staying power, though, so you could certainly use him. The only advantage he has over Regirock is less weaknesses, which you can cover with most of your team already. Another issue is that Umbreon can only kill walls with toxic; he has no offensive value, while Regirock has a nice offensive movepool with attacks such as Stone Edge, Hammer Arm, and Earthquake. Regirock > Umbreon. Umbreon is still viable though, I just think Regirock might be a better choice; even though there's probably better choices than Regirock too.
Back to top Go down
Espmaster1

Male Posts : 15
Mood : Fine
Something random : KUNG FU SCATMAN!
PokeCoins : 49

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 9:47 pm

Maybe I could use both?
I mean, I do have another free slot, and I could use Umbreon as a tank (Umbreon is only good at tanking).
Your point, I don't think Regirock has anything to recover HP with anyway Razz
Regirock
-Stone Edge
-Iron Defense
-Hammer Arm
-Earthquake
That's a good moveset because it gets a super effective hit on 10 different types.
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

Female Posts : 604
Mood : Splashing
Something random : Magikarps - YOU LIEK THAM?
PokeCoins : 1491

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 2:41 am

Well, Regirock does get Rest, but it's a bad move unless you use Sleep Talk (which is still a bit iffy).

Iron Defense is fail, they can just bring in a special attacker, and ruin you. It's a waste of a turn, really. Throw on Stealth Rock instead, helping to take down dangerous fire typed enemy threats like Charizard, Moltres, Magmortar, or help against Heatran is a huge addition to a Sunny Day team.

Last edited by TheOriginalOne-CK on Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Espmaster1

Male Posts : 15
Mood : Fine
Something random : KUNG FU SCATMAN!
PokeCoins : 49

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 3:53 am

Yeah, sure, I'll do that!
Back to top Go down
metangmaster
metangmaster

Male Posts : 5
Mood : Meh
Something random : Theres a Torchic in my cookie
PokeCoins : 17

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 9:28 am

My team is awkward:P Usualy ill do the my in game auto  win Fire-type Grass-type Electric-type Flying-type Water-type Legendary

But for pearl i have the weirdest team yet    

Empoleon Lv.50
Lustorus Orb
Surf
Waterfall
Blizzard
Avalanche

Magnezone Lv.52
Magnet(Duh)
Flash Cannon
Thunder
Thunder(Bolt)
Light Screen

Alakazam Lv.50
Mind Plate
Charge Beam
Psychic
Disable
Psybeam

Magmortar Lv.50
Quick Claw
Solar Beam
Flamethrower
Fire Blast
ThunderPunch

Drapion Lv.50
I swap his item out often
Ice Fang
Thunder Fang
Fire Fang
Rock Slide

Gengar Lv.50
Spell Tag
Hypnosis
Dark Pulse
Shadow Ball
Giga Drain  

Im on elite four and trying to beat cynthia i have no ethers or elixirs but if i lose im gonna invest in leppa beriies:afro: 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The "What's your team?" thread!
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7