PokeChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PokeChat

Welcome to PokeChat. For both Pokemaniacs and occasional players! (Currently spam-free! ..For now.)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The "What's your team?" thread!

Go down 
+9
J
Twizdid
bigwillly
Fox
Shadow*91
Porygon-Ultimate
Dal
Storm
Splash_King
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Storm
Storm

Male Posts : 416
Mood : MYAW! The King Has Returned
Something random : Definition of Love: Making a shot to the kneecap of a target 120 Kilometers away using an Aratech SD Sniper Rifle with a Tri-Light Scop. - HK-47
PokeCoins : 1240

The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 12:09 am

Ok. Dumping that team. I have, in fact, created a much better team. Had it for a while, not sure if it works. Its set in OU though.

Kingdra @ Leftovers w/Intimidate @ Adamant for Physical Sweep Spec Bomb
~ Dragon Dance
~ Waterfall
~ Yawn
~ Draco Meteor

Alakazam @ Life Orb w/Synchronize @ Modest for Spec Sweep
~ Calm Mind
~ Psychic
~ Focus Blast
~ Energy Ball

Dusknoir @ Leftovers w/Pressure @ Adamant for All around Talking Wall
~ Fire Punch
~ Ice Punch
~ Rest
~ Sleep Talk

Breloom @ Toxic Orb w/Poison Heal @ Adamant for Physical Bomb/ Sleep Inducer
~ Facade
~ Seed Bomb
~ Mach Punch
~ Spore

Gliscor @ Leftovers w/Hyper Cutter @ Adamant Physical Wall/ Lead
~ Earthquake
~ Roost
~ U-Turn
~ Stealth Rock

Metagross @ Leftovers w/Clear Body @ Adamant Physical Trapper/ Accurate OHKO
~ Pursuit
~ Bullet Punch
~ Earthquake
~ Explosion

Ok, so, here are some of my ideas and concerns. Kingdra is a powerhouse, with all around good stats and few weaknesses with good resists, DD Kingdra is a beast. I opted for Draco Meteor over Outrage for two reasons: 1, it doesnt confine me to Outraging for 2-3 turns. 2, when my Physical Kingdra draws out a physical wall who thinks im locked into physical moves, I have another option to bomb. Yawn will help for DD setup, along with Leftovers time and forcing a switch for DD.

Alakazam, obviously, a Calm Mind or 2, then bombs away with amazing Sp Atk and full coverage of the poke spectrum.

Dusknoir, again obvious, Fire Punch and Ice Punch gives good coverage and provides Dusknor a good offense against the common Dragonite or more common Salamence in OU. Rest and Sleep Talk, obvious. His amazing defenses, with his mediocre HP, make him a good candidate as a sleep talker.

Breloom is god. Effect spore for the sleeping affect, allowing Breloom to cause a switch and gain HP. Toxic Orb and Poison Heal = 1/8 HP heal every turn. Combine that with Facade getting boosted to 140 base due to status affliction, and Brelooms awesome attack stat, and this is one dangerous poke. Mach Punch for speed. Razz

Gliscor is the lead, setting up Stealth Rock and smacking around the opponent a bit with its high speed and great defenses. He doubles as a physical wall. If something "unfriendly" shows up, U-turn to deal damage and switch in a counter/resist.

Metagross is basically just the clean up crew. If something scary to my team shows up, Metagross comes out to scare them away or beat them to death, the options are open.

Ok, I would like a review if possible CK. I beleive OU is your environment correct?
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

Female Posts : 604
Mood : Splashing
Something random : Magikarps - YOU LIEK THAM?
PokeCoins : 1491

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 2:29 am

Ok, this team is much better.

However, unlike the last team, you've got a few double weaknesses over certain types (Fire, Ice, etc.). Now, that's usually not terrible. But for most of these double weaknesses, you don't have more than 1 resist to it. Basically this means something like Life Orb Gengar or Specs Starmie can pummel this team into submission once the team's type resist is gone. This leaves you in an unfavorable position, especially since you only have one speedy attacker on your team; Alakazam. Special Sweepers with good speed and type coverage are this team's bane, I highly recommend getting a special wall to handle this weakness. Since you have a Gliscor, I'd highly recommend Blissey; it may not give you resists, but it'l outright stop special attackers with the correct EV spread.

As I mentioned before, the team also lacks speed. While it may be bulky, Alakazam is only only speedster; it doesn't hit hard against a lot of this team's practical counters, which is very problematic. I highly recommend dropping the risky Breloom or Dusknoir for a faster pokemon that can hit hard; it doesn't necesarilly be frail, but you need some speed to stabilize your team.

Also, Dusknoir needs a dedicated EV spread in order to wall only physical or special attacks, due to his low HP. If you're using him as a mixed wall, he won't get much mileage at all. Since you've already got Gliscor as a physical wall, Dusknoir would be ideal to replace for a special wall like Blissey. Getting rid of Dusknoir also decreases your Dark/Ghost weakness by 1 each, which is very helpful since you lack good resists to these types.

I don't have any other complaints about the team's overall setup, though. I'll get onto reviewing their movesets now. ... Oh, and Kingdra doesn't get the ability Intimidate. Razz It learns either Sniper or Swift Swim. Either ability is acceptable, but Swift Swim comes in handy more often. While Kingdra can't do too much damage to an enemy water type with Waterfall, it's Dragon STAB move will definatly hurt. Sniper is just taking advantage of hax anyways; in the rare case it happened, it'd be a disrespectful KO IMO.

Anyways, onto Kingdra's moveset... Drop Draco Meteor for Outrage ASAP. Draco Meteor lacks reliable power without SpA EV investment, which then causes your all important speed or attack stats to drop. Because of this, Kingdra either no longer outspeeds what it needs to, or lacks the firepower to sweep.

Yawn can stay on ofcourse, it's great for shutting down Kingdra's best counter on the switch. Odds are that their next "counter" won't be able to do too much to Kingdra, meaning you might get an extra DD or two. However, if you're concerned with physical walls, many walls that stop a DD sweep (or pose a threat to it) can be smashed with Hydro Pump. Skarmory is a good example; Hydro Pump smashes it for a 2HKO, while Waterfall can't manage even that. Hydro Pump should also hurt things harder than Waterfall would against say, a Hippowdon.

Energy Ball isn't really significant to Alakazam's sweep, especially when you have water moves with Kingdra. Place on Signal Beam instead, mainly so you can hammer it's biggest counters (Weavile, Celebi, etc.) with one move, rather than rely on the shaky type coverage of Psychic, or the bad accuracy of Focus Blast (you still need F Blast for TTar, though). Once you give it Signal Beam, you're ready to go; except for one thing. Alakazam needs a Timid nature, trust me. That necesarry speed helps it counter a lot of things that normally stop it's sweep.

I'll do a moveset for Dusknoir if you decide to keep it; which I don't recommend. You need a special wall more than a mixed one (which Dusknoir doesn't even pull off well). There are also better Sleep Talkers.

Breloom is good, but it needs Focus Punch instead of Mach Punch. Once you spore an enemy, you can pull off a 275 BP Focus Punch, for free. Good bargain, eh? And if you think the enemy will switch after you spored an enemy, you can play mindgames and hammer them with Facade if they stay in, or Focus Punch if they switch.

If you're set on Mach Punch (which I'm not sure why you would be), place it over Facade. Facade is the least mandatory of all moves in this moveset.

Gliscor is pretty good, but you may want Taunt over U-turn. Taunt is usually necesarry as it stops enemies from using SR, but your entire team has no weakness to SR, so this might not be as much as a problem. You can keep U-turn (which isn't useful in the way you described; nearly all of Gliscor's counters are faster than it and OHKO it, you'll have to use it the turn they switch), or swap it for Taunt. Completely your choice. I'll mention that U-turn can be very useful late-game though, it can help you get your sweepers in unscavved (against a faster foe).

Oh, you'll also want an Impish nature for Gliscor. Adamant isn't necesarry as a lead, and Impish is always better if it's not being offensive (which... is an oddity).

That Metagross isn't a clean up crew sweeper, so to speak. He's more of an anti-special sweeper utility, shown by Pursuit and Bullet Punch. That moveset is almost fine, just give it Meteor Mash instead of EQ. He needs that STAB in order to hit hard enough to scare a lot of foes. However, I recommend another moveset if you plan to swap Dusknoir out for a special wall. You won't need Metagross to handle anti-SpA duty if you've got one, especially if it's a Blissey. Metagross has better offensive talents, anyways.
Back to top Go down
Storm
Storm

Something random : Definition of Love: Making a shot to the kneecap of a target 120 Kilometers away using an Aratech SD Sniper Rifle with a Tri-Light Scop. - HK-47

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 4:31 am

Ok. I agree with you on Dusknoir. Swapping him out. Most likely, ill throw a Blissey, so I would like a moveset for that, considering I have never tried running one.

Intimidate on Kingdra ftw. Laughing my bad, first typo in ages.... Are you saying I should swap Draco Meteor for Hydro Pump? I would think Draco Meteor to stay in for a better type coverage, along with it having higher base power than Hydro. I simply thought that would give it wider range instead of constricting it to only Waterfall. Kingdra's base stats are nearly the same down the list, I just thought Draco Meteor on a DD Sweeper would suprise no? Considering Kingdra's drastic stat change due to Adamant nature, it would be unexpected.

Didnt even think of the Focus Punch for Breloom ftw. Changing immediately.

Also, how can I get Signal Beam on Alakazam? I have Diamond, not Platinum.

And yes, swapping Dusknoir, so whats the moveset for Metagross?
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 5:48 am

No Platinum? Oh, uh... I can't help you there. >.>; Stick to Grass Knot, I suppose.

No, you have to replace Draco Meteor with Outrage, no Hydro Pump. Hydro Pump is used as a utility to stop physical walls (which Draco Meteor usually can't), not as a reliable sweeping move. Outrage is necesarry for Kingdra to function as a sweeper; it gives him essential raw power, a physical Dragon STAB to take advantage of the attack boost, it's offensive typing pairs perfectly with his physical water move (Waterfall), and does way more damage than Draco Meteor can on a physical moveset. If you won't use Outrage on Kingdra, it's fairly clear that you won't use him even close to his full potential. If you're not using the move, you really shouldn't run Kingdra. Trust me, it's that vital to his success.

Metagross has plenty of possibilities. I personally recommend one of his offensive movesets, but not the agiligross set. As always, Smogon has plenty of options to choose from. Take a pick and I'll see if it fits with your team.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/metagross

I really recommend running the most common Blissey, it's great team support for your specific team. Here's the moveset.

Blissey @ Leftovers

Seismic Toss
Soft Boiled
Thunderwave
Thunderbolt/Ice Beam

Seismic toss is for reliable damage, Soft Boiled is the primary recovery move. Thunderwave helps get your slower sweepers move first, while retaining the possibility to hit hard. It's great support for your slow and bulky team. Thunderbolt is for Gyarados mainly, while Ice Beam is for Dragons. If the Metagross set you're using has Thunderpunch, go for Ice Beam. If Metagross has Ice Punch, go for Thunderpunch. If Metagross has neither (which would be... odd), it's entirely up to preferrence. In this case, I would personally recommend Thunderbolt, since Gyara can ruin this team entirely, while Dragons (if they aren't special based, i.e. Mixed/Specs Mence) can be walled by Gliscor/take super effective damage from Stealth Rock.
Back to top Go down
Fox
Fox

Male Posts : 144
Mood : Superior
Something random : Murkrow=GOD
PokeCoins : 454

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 10:06 am

You should tell him Siesmic Toss is a GBA tutor move on Blissey.

I love Kingdra. You have more options than you think with him.

"DD"
Kingdra @ Leftovers
Adamant
252 ATK/232 SPE/ 24 DEF
Dragon Dance
Return
Waterfall
Outrage

It's highly unfavorable to choose Draco Meteor over Outrage because in order to use DM with this set effectively, you'd need either Lonely (ATK+ DEF-) or Naughty (ATK+ S.DEF-) natures which ruin Kingdra's bulk, which is veeeeery bad. This goes for Hydro Pump as well. If you feel you want to risk it, use naughty. Rest/Yawn/(If running naughty)Hydro Pump can be used in Outrage's place if you need it because Return/Waterfall have fantastic coverage. Kingdra only has 1 weakness BTW.

"Double Dance"
Kingdra @ Leftovers (Swift Swim)
/Damp Rock
Adamant/Jolly
252 ATK/ 120 SPE/ 48 DEF/ 90 HP
Rain Dance
Dragon Dance
Return
Waterfall

You can forego some speed EVs thanks to Swift Swim to help Kingdra bulk up a bit in exchange for a turn of dancing.

"Swift Swim"
Kingdra @ Life Orb (Swift Swim)
Modest
120 HP/ 252 S.ATK/ 138 SPE
Surf
Ice Beam
Rain Dance
Signal Beam/Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor

My Favorite set. I find Life orb is better than Damp Rock because Kingdra will probably only need 5 turns and better than Leftovers because he needs some umph.
The last slot is for preferance. My original Kingdra had Draco Meteor as a "bitch slap" but Signal Beam (which is a egg move) gives you coverage.

"Sniper"
Kingdra @ Scope Lense (Sniper)
Jolly
252 SPE/ 252 ATK/ 4 HP
Focus Energy
Return
Waterfall
Outrage

Oh yeah, taking a STAB sniper crit from Outrage spells death for just about anything. I don't think Registeel even wants anything to do with that. By the same token you can run this as a special set. Forego Jolly for Timid, ATK EVs for S.ATK EVs, and give him:
Surf
Ice Beam
Focus Energy
HP Electric/Signal Beam/Dragon Pulse
HP Electric gives you a pseudo boltbeam and sends Gyarados packing.
Obviously this set requires some luck and isnt easy to pull off anyway, but when it works, watch out.

I suggest you use the DD set with your team.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wiichat.com
Dal
Dal

Male Posts : 348
Mood : That depends...
Something random : Just remember this: take the blue pill.
PokeCoins : 970

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 3:06 pm

Okay, here's a Trick Room/Explosion team I just thought up, since I couldn't fall asleep...:

Dusknoir
-Leftovers
Moves:
-Trick Room
-Thunderpunch
-Will-o-Wisp
-Protect

Electrode
-Life Orb
Moves:
-Explosion
-Thunderbolt
-Protect
-Sonicboom

Weezing
-Leftovers
Moves:
-Toxic
-Explosion
-Sludge Bomb
-Flamethrower

Cacturne
-Focus Sash
Moves
-Protect
-Destiny Bond
-Needle Arm
-Sucker Punch

Porygon-Z
-Choice Specs
Moves
-Nasty Plot
-Thunderbolt
-Tri Attack
-Dark Pulse

Grumpig
-to be decided-
Moves
-Psychic
-Confuse Ray
-Protect
-Trick Room
Back to top Go down
Storm
Storm

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 9:43 pm

@ Fox: The DD set looks good, and thas what I was basing my original set off of. Wouldnt it be better to have Yawn over Return? Could force a switch for an extra DD or just DD while sleeping with Leftovers recovery.

@ CK: I dont have the GBA to turor him, so would a decent Blissey set be T-Bolt/Ice Beam/Softboiled/Thunder wave w/Leftovers @ Modest? Also, I cant get Thunderpunch or Ice Punch on Metagross in Diamond, can I?
Back to top Go down
Fox
Fox

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 10:07 pm

It's mostly for Lapras/Vaporeon and other pokes who resist watar so you don't have to get locked into Outrage. If you want to use Yawn instead, go ahead. It does take some considerable prediction to use both Yawn and DD.

On Blissey: If you need one with a standard set, you can have a copy of mine. Ask CK if he'll clone her for you.
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 3:33 am

Storm doesn't have wi-fi yet, Fox... Or atleast, that's what I recall. Without a GBA tutor, looks like you'll be forced to use BoltBeam on Blissey. Problem is that you won't do consistent damage on non-ghost threats, which really dwindells Blissey's use, IMO.

And no, no Thunder/Ice Punch on diamond... ._.; Man, you're in a real tight spot, Storm. Sorry that I keep forgetting about this.

I'll get to work on your TR team eventually, Dal. Another day when I'm exhausted and lazy... [/complain]
Back to top Go down
Storm
Storm

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 4:48 am

I know. Im thinking about getting Platinum, but I want to save money right now. Ill be getting Wi Fi eventually.

@ Fox: Thanks anyways Fox!
Back to top Go down
Dal
Dal

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 5:43 am

Quote :
I'll get to work on your TR team eventually, Dal. Another day when I'm exhausted and lazy... [/complain]
Okay. And, just so you know, I'm ditching Grumpig. I just need a Fighting resist, now.
Back to top Go down
bigwillly

Male Posts : 78
Something random : FORUM HEEL
PokeCoins : 248

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 2:05 pm

My team real simple:

Staraptor (Level 43)

Torettera (lvl 40)

Machoke (lvl 43)- Planning to get my neighbours DS and evolve

Luxray (lvl 44)

The evolution of Shellos, forgot the damn name (lvl 41)

Thats about it, not the best team but it gets the job done.
Back to top Go down
Shadow*91
Shadow*91

Male Posts : 227
Location : My house....nothing but a cardboard shack with electricity.
Mood : BORED! SAVE ME FROM BOREDOM!
Something random : Check out my RP! The Order in the Roleplaying sub-forum.
PokeCoins : 596

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 9:22 pm

its Gastrodon.

Luxray sucks, you should ditch it for a better elec type. I suggest Electabuzz/Electavire. strong pokes with good moves.
Back to top Go down
bigwillly

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 12:19 pm

Shadow*91 wrote:
its Gastrodon.

Luxray sucks, you should ditch it for a better elec type. I suggest Electabuzz/Electavire. strong pokes with good moves.

NUH UH, I feel attached to my monsters, i can upgrade Luxray with proteins and stuff.

Probs put a legendary in there somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 1:18 pm

As far as I recall, the vitamins (Protein) don't work once a pokemon has above 100 EVs in a particular stat. In other words, they shouldn't work on your Luxray; it's too high a level and has battled too much.

That, and if you can "upgrade" a Luxray with Proteins, you can "upgrade" an Electivire with Proteins. Razz

Luxray is a bad poke when compared to Electivire as well. But hey, it's your call, it's not competitive battling so it won't kill you to keep it.
Back to top Go down
Dal
Dal

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 12:59 am

Umm... CK... Could you please give me advice for my TR team? I am really feeling the need to train them.
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 4:10 pm

Bleh... Sorry Dal, I forgot... again. .-.

Dal wrote:
Okay, here's a Trick Room/Explosion team I just thought up, since I couldn't fall asleep...:

Dusknoir
-Leftovers
Moves:
-Trick Room
-Thunderpunch
-Will-o-Wisp
-Protect

Electrode
-Life Orb
Moves:
-Explosion
-Thunderbolt
-Protect
-Sonicboom

Weezing
-Leftovers
Moves:
-Toxic
-Explosion
-Sludge Bomb
-Flamethrower

Cacturne
-Focus Sash
Moves
-Protect
-Destiny Bond
-Needle Arm
-Sucker Punch

Porygon-Z
-Choice Specs
Moves
-Nasty Plot
-Thunderbolt
-Tri Attack
-Dark Pulse

Grumpig
-to be decided-
Moves
-Psychic
-Confuse Ray
-Protect
-Trick Room

Z is too fast to be on a TR team, trust me. He's also too fragile, so you'll need to drop him no matter what.

Grumpig isn't a very reliable Trick Roomer; not as bulky as others like Bronzong, and not powerful enough to abuse the "speed" boost. He should be dropped.

Electrode isn't powerful enough to take advantage of TR, and is obviously WAY too fast. He needs to absolutely be dropped as well.

Weezing is okay, but he's not very good for a TR team. TR teams needs to be offensive, Weezing isn't strong enough to fill a good role on a TR team. He also needs to be dropped.

Cacturne is slow, but he's way too frail and generally not strong enough to OHKO enemy's, so he needs to be dropped. He doesn't work for a TR team.

In short, Dusknoir is the only real contender on this team... I assume you've never built a TR team before? I'll give a bit of advice.

I can tell you want two Trick Roomers (one as a back up, which is a good idea). So, your TR user needs to be very bulky. It also needs to be very slow, and have good ways of damaging the enemy. Dusknoir can hit fairly well, Grumpig can't. A good example as a good backup (or main) TR'er is Bronzong. He's quite bulky, has few weaknesses, and has a great movepool for this. His STAB move Gyro Ball gains a lot of power from it's speed boost, making it great offensive. He also has support moves like Hypnosis to disable threats to your TR team.

For a sweeping pokemon on a TR team, you'll want pokes that're very slow, and very powerful. You'll also want it to be relatively bulky, preferrably a lot of HP and tolerable to excellent defenses. Something like Rhyperior. A pokemon that is very frail will have trouble if you lose your TR'ers, as then they'l just be KO'd instantly without putting up a fight. A frail but hard hitter like Rampardos or Medicham is still usable, but don't fill your team with them.

Finally, make sure your attacking pokes hold power-increasing items, Life Orb being the most important and best item for TR sweepers. Why? The 1.3 boost for any attacking stat is vital. It also lets you switch your attacks to best take on the threats that you're confronting; a choice item like a Choice Band will make you switch out more often, since you have to stick with the first attack you choose. This wastes valuable time for your TR turns, all the while you gain damage. Items that only increase damage of one type are useless as well, so avoid those.
Back to top Go down
Fox
Fox

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 9:49 pm

I always wanted to try and use a SD/sash Parasect on a TR team.
Tyranitar is slow enough to use with a speed decreasing nature.
Back to top Go down
Dal
Dal

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 1:05 am

Quote :
Electrode isn't powerful enough to take advantage of TR, and is obviously WAY too fast. He needs to absolutely be dropped as well.
I put it in there for this strategy:

Dusknoir and Electrode are sent out first. Electrode uses Explosion and takes out (or takes a lot of damage from) the opponent's team (I only do Doubles). Meanwhile, Dusknoir uses TR.

But, since you suggested it, I shall replace him and the others. The question is: with what? I'm not as strategic as you. ^,^"

So, my team shall now be:

-Dusknoir
-Bronzong
-Rhyperior (maybe)
-???
-???
-???
Back to top Go down
Fox
Fox

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 9:03 am

Porygon2 is viable here. Slower than Z, and much bulkier.
Back to top Go down
Twizdid
Admin
Twizdid

Female Posts : 242
Mood : Breaking the habit, praying for some help
Something random : iUberXlyPwnUN3wbishly
PokeCoins : 540

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 9:06 am

I'm not enough of a pokemaniac to post in this thread XD. [/offtopic]
Back to top Go down
http://pokechat.omgforum.net
bigwillly

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 12:25 pm

Twizdid wrote:
I'm not enough of a pokemaniac to post in this thread XD. [/offtopic]

Yet you are admin of a POKEMON forum....hmmm
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 9:16 pm

Dal wrote:
Quote :
I put it in there for this strategy:

Dusknoir and Electrode are sent out first. Electrode uses Explosion and takes out (or takes a lot of damage from) the opponent's team (I only do Doubles). Meanwhile, Dusknoir uses TR.

But, since you suggested it, I shall replace him and the others. The question is: with what? I'm not as strategic as you. ^,^"

So, my team shall now be:

-Dusknoir
-Bronzong
-Rhyperior (maybe)
-???
-???
-???

I can imagine you raising a brow to this, but... If you want an exploder, use Azelf, trust me on this. He's still fast (not nearly as Electrode but it usually gets the job done), has MUCH more attack power, has a better movepool (well, not by much... but he has better movesets to use, much better), and in general is just much better. I can imagine a few movesets for exploding Azelf, this is just a random one off the top of my head.

Azelf @ Choice Scarf, Naive, 252 Atk/Spe, 4 HP

Explosion
Psychic
Flamethrower
Grass Knot

Very simple. Those attack moves are completely filler since you'll probably be exploding anyways. Since he won't have high Sp. Atk, then it's sort of redundant to worry too much about the moveset. This is a standard Life Orb moveset either way though, so even though you lack Sp. atk power, these moves cover the most important areas; Grass Knot hits Rock types, Flamethrower hits Steel types, and Psychic hits Ghosts types, all which explosion can't do squat against.

About the item. Choice Scarf is so that Azelf is the fastest poke on the field 99% of the time. Anything else with maxed speed and a choice scarf is almost absolutely slower than Azelf, I guarentee that much. With maxed attack (and a nuetral nature), Explosion will do insane damage. As long as you KO atleast one poke, you'll have an advantage instantly.

And trust me, Rhyperior is a great choice. STAB Earthquake from that beast is a force to be reckoned with, especially with a Life Orb and maxed attack/Adamant nature. Bronzong already pairs nicely with it since Levitate dodges EQ automatically, which is a great bonus. Speaking of that, if you do run Rhyperior, I really recommend running atleast 1 more pokemon on your team that's immune to EQ, or atleast 4x resistant to it.
Back to top Go down
Dal
Dal

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 9:26 pm

Quote :
About the item. Choice Scarf is so that Azelf is the fastest poke on the field 99% of the time. Anything else with maxed speed and a choice scarf is almost absolutely slower than Azelf, I guarentee that much. With maxed attack (and a nuetral nature), Explosion will do insane damage. As long as you KO atleast one poke, you'll have an advantage instantly.
But that means it'll be slower when the Trick Room is up...

@Fox - Why yes... yes he is. =D

My current upcoming team so far:

-Dusknoir
-Bronzong
-Rhyperior
-Porygon2
-Azelf...
-EQ Resister.
Back to top Go down
Shadow*91
Shadow*91

Male Posts : 227
Location : My house....nothing but a cardboard shack with electricity.
Mood : BORED! SAVE ME FROM BOREDOM!
Something random : Check out my RP! The Order in the Roleplaying sub-forum.
PokeCoins : 596

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 9:32 pm

he'll go BOOM before TR. Start off with your Dusknoir and Azelf. Azelf go BOOM, and Dusknoir is safe to TR
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The "What's your team?" thread!
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next