PokeChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PokeChat

Welcome to PokeChat. For both Pokemaniacs and occasional players! (Currently spam-free! ..For now.)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Everything Brawl Thread

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Splash_King
Splash_King

Female Posts : 604
Mood : Splashing
Something random : Magikarps - YOU LIEK THAM?
PokeCoins : 1491

The Everything Brawl Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Everything Brawl Thread   The Everything Brawl Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 6:38 am

Pokemon and Brawl; they go wonderfully together, no? And so, I made this thread. I don't think we'd need multiple threads for Brawl, considering the forum is small at the moment, so one all-duty thread should suffice. Talk about anything and all things Brawl here!

What's your main? Your subs? Favorite final smash, stage, etc.? Post about your moments of rediculous laughter or defeat, etc. If it's Brawl, simply post about it.

First of all! What is your main/s and subs? For myself, I main...

Meta Knight, the top tier monstrosity. I'm just plain good with him, and I'm slowly getting better. If you want to face my Meta 1v1, unless you're an expert, you're nuts. My Meta is particularly offensive. I only go on defense if I need to scout an enemies' fighting style, which I usually don't. His brutal chains of attacks is usually enough to win me the match. Anyways, I also main...

Wolf. Yes, he's middle tier; so what. Wolf's by far my favorite character in Brawl, he's just plain badass. He's also one of the most insanely difficult players to use effectively. With suiciding, possibly laggy moves, a complex moveset and spammable moves all possible, using him like a pro is a menacing proposition. While I'm certainly no pro, my Wolf is nothing to laugh at. I've trained very hard to make him my second best character, so when you're facing him, prepare for a relentless offense. Finally, I sub...

Toon Link. My projectile stalling is top notch, I know how to predict where you're moving next, and how to trap/limit your movements. I rack up damage relatively fast as Toon, but landing the kill is rough... Since I usually go aggro, I rarely use my Toon to my own, or his best ability. In the rare moment where I'm fighting based on predictions and less of face values, he's just as scary as a main. I'll spike you, slash you, and blow you up into smitherines if you're unlucky enough to see me at my best. ;D

And last, and somewhat least, I also sub Falco. He's just another Top Tier that's easy to play as. I don't know much of his technical knowhow, and I'm not all that good with him either. I just take advantage of him being a Top Tier, sad to say. To be honest, I don't really sub him as much as I do Toon. I don't play him much, and I havn't trained him in ages. None the less, he's still formidable. He's certainly the lesser of my best 4 characters, though.

Now then, your turn! :D
Back to top Go down
Storm
Storm

Male Posts : 416
Mood : MYAW! The King Has Returned
Something random : Definition of Love: Making a shot to the kneecap of a target 120 Kilometers away using an Aratech SD Sniper Rifle with a Tri-Light Scop. - HK-47
PokeCoins : 1240

PostSubject: Re: The Everything Brawl Thread   The Everything Brawl Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 6:45 am

Ah.....Brawl. My favorite pasttime. Of course, you know mine.

Ganondorf: The powerhouse, the monster of monstrosities, and the epitemy of fear and evil in the N64, Gamcube, and Wii. I prefer using Ganondorf to all others, aminly because I dislike the multiple hit fiasco. I prefer mega damage with less hits dealt. Being that way, Ganondorf is my amazing powerhouse Main.

Luigi: My other Main, he is the epitemy of fun; for me at least. Depending on my Mood, I will use either Luigi or Ganondorf. Mainly, you should pray I dont choose Luigi. His slick and unpredictable playstyle paired with his adept accuity for playfullness, Luigi is my monster. I have won multiple tournaments with him, and he continues to be my favorite Nintendo character.
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: The Everything Brawl Thread   The Everything Brawl Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 7:19 am

Random video time. Razz If you hate Sonic/love seeing Sonic get owned, click the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TalmBLxymX8&feature=related

Also, for teh lulz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj3_eMU7DoA&feature=related
Back to top Go down
Storm
Storm

Something random : Definition of Love: Making a shot to the kneecap of a target 120 Kilometers away using an Aratech SD Sniper Rifle with a Tri-Light Scop. - HK-47

PostSubject: Re: The Everything Brawl Thread   The Everything Brawl Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 5:32 pm

Dude, that Sonic vid was hilarious. Samus unloaded on his arse! The latter is pretty good too, but I liked the Sonic one beter
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: The Everything Brawl Thread   The Everything Brawl Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 6:44 pm

Yes, the Sonic video was epic. Freakin' owned, lol. Sonic's charging his best move full force, moves Samus an inch. Samus gets her shot (literally), and I'MMA FIRIN' MAH LAZAH! and all that goodness. XD Finished with a sucker punch to the face, lol.
Back to top Go down
Storm
Storm

PostSubject: Re: The Everything Brawl Thread   The Everything Brawl Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 7:29 pm

Hellz yea. That was Epic.
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: The Everything Brawl Thread   The Everything Brawl Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 12:17 am

Is it my PC, or is the site glitchy...? I can't see avatars, or the "no new posts/new posts" icons?
Back to top Go down
Storm
Storm

PostSubject: Re: The Everything Brawl Thread   The Everything Brawl Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 4:43 am

It mut be your PC, cuz everthing on mine is fine. Run Ad-Aware or something.
Back to top Go down
Storm
Storm

PostSubject: Re: The Everything Brawl Thread   The Everything Brawl Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 5:10 am

I can use anyone to sub, just because most of the tourney's I go to are Random character select, which i think requires much more skill. To train for this, I randomly select a character going against 2 lv 9 CPUs on a team on Final Destination, 3 lives each, no items. I dont stop until I win, at least twice. This gives me more of an edge against the other players, especially in 1 on 1 fights, that way I can always counter their character with their polar opposite.
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: The Everything Brawl Thread   The Everything Brawl Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 5:49 am

That's a brilliant training method... it must take quite a bit of work to pull that off, you've got my respect for working so hard, Storm. Smile I don't think I could ever pull things like that off, I'm only good with a few select characters.
Back to top Go down
Storm
Storm

PostSubject: Re: The Everything Brawl Thread   The Everything Brawl Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 6:06 am

Thanks CK. It took me nearly 2 days to complete it with Samus. The way I use her, shes just not good against teams. But thanks. It really does keep me on edge, and its not as hard as it seems. CK, you should try it. It may take awhile, but you can only improve right? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: The Everything Brawl Thread   The Everything Brawl Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 6:38 am

I could try it, but that'd be pointless... I'm already content with the characters I'm good with, lol.
Back to top Go down
Storm
Storm

PostSubject: Re: The Everything Brawl Thread   The Everything Brawl Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 12:34 am

@ CK: True, the reason I do it is mainly because I get bored using the same character over and over, unless its Luigi Very Happy Second for the Tournaments.
Back to top Go down
Storm
Storm

PostSubject: Re: The Everything Brawl Thread   The Everything Brawl Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 7:21 pm

My character is Random, the CPU's are Random, the only things that stay continuous are that the CPU's are Lv 9, that their on the same team, that their are no items, and that the stage is always Final Destination or Battlefield, the two most common in tournaments.
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: The Everything Brawl Thread   The Everything Brawl Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 6:09 am

Storm wrote:
@ CK: True, the reason I do it is mainly because I get bored using the same character over and over, unless its Luigi Very Happy Second for the Tournaments.

I completely understand getting bored with the same characters, it's why Meta and Wolf aren't as fun as they used to be. It's why I play (and lose) as Jigglyballs and Craptain Failcon. Razz For teh lulz, basically.
Back to top Go down
Storm
Storm

PostSubject: Re: The Everything Brawl Thread   The Everything Brawl Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 4:23 am

lol! I feel you there CK, no homo. I like messing with Jiggles, because in a way, I cannot play with him competetively, I just screw around with him. But if I do play with him competetively, I just take it easy, not doing much and just using him for lulz, yet I still end up winning. Its a strange thing when you dont try but you win simply because of your mood. Thats a proven scientific fact by the way, your mood always effects your performance. Very Happy:D:D
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: The Everything Brawl Thread   The Everything Brawl Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 2:13 am

Your mood definatly does effect your performance. Your mood effects everything, really. Your decisions, your capabilities, even your reaction time and motivation, etc. Especially on the competitive scene. That's why it's always good to have a poker face, and a poker mood, so to speak. Let the competition get to you, you start sweating bullets, and you lose. Razz I'm confident you'd know that though, Storm.

Also, I know this is completely off topic, but bear with me. Did you know that not only our mood molds our decisions greatly, but our mood can be just as easily changed? For example. In a study, many people were going to give a job interview, one after the other. However, before they could begin the interview, they'd be forced to hold a glass of either hot, or cold water. The people with the cold water seemingly flunked the interview, and weren't very appealing. On the other hand, the people holding the hot water seemed a bit more lively and acceptable.

This shows our mood can be shifted with simple things such as temperature, even if for only short periods of time. In short, we aren't in control of our mental, concious or subconcious selves half the time. I know it from experience, depending of how much sleep I get/what I'm exposed to that day, I can sometimes play Brawl as terrible as a complete n00b (Yyy Razz). My reaction time goes down, my strategy is non-existant and very sloppy, sometimes I even spam without noticing. ... Today is one of those examples. >.>;
Back to top Go down
Storm
Storm

PostSubject: Re: The Everything Brawl Thread   The Everything Brawl Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 2:59 am

I agree with you there CK. For instance, at my job, I bus the tables. I dont wait the tables. But when I bus the tables, usually, I will engage in a couple sentances of small talk with any one of the customers. Most likely, ill crack a joke, getting them to laugh. Thats it. That one action earns me a fatter tip from that table, even though im not the waiter Razz.

Back on topic, yes CK, I do now that. This is why I tend to battle competetively more with Luigi. He is fun, and keeps my mood lively. Btw everyone, CK is completely on the dot with this analysis. I suppose thats why they call a "good mood" contagious. It can easily be spread.
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: The Everything Brawl Thread   The Everything Brawl Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 5:53 pm

Do you hate Jigglypuff? I do. If you do, I highly recommend this video. ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LgrSVdtmSg&feature=related

Also, just for the hell of it, check this crazy shit out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR-_aAy2HP8&feature=channel_page
Back to top Go down
Storm
Storm

PostSubject: Re: The Everything Brawl Thread   The Everything Brawl Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 6:39 am

Ahhh, the good ole days eh CK? lol!

Yea, I dislike Jiggles, as with you, only for the lolz.
Back to top Go down
Gold Moon

Male Posts : 9
Mood : Funny
Something random : Look a flock of turtles!
PokeCoins : 31

PostSubject: Re: The Everything Brawl Thread   The Everything Brawl Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 12:41 am

I saw Brawl hacks on Youtube today. This guy tried controlling bosses o_0 it was awesome how he controlled Tabuu. Make me wonder what he used.... in the description he had a code list so if anyone knows let me know
Back to top Go down
http://www.tkdclan.weebly.com www.wiichat.com
J
J

Male Posts : 132
Mood : The Grim Heaper
Something random : Daisukenojo
PokeCoins : 411

PostSubject: Re: The Everything Brawl Thread   The Everything Brawl Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 7:36 am

i'm pretty sure he used Gecko and the Homebrew channel. But a link to the video would be easier to clarify it.
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: The Everything Brawl Thread   The Everything Brawl Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 12:00 am

Ya, I've seen videos with Gecko codes for controlling bosses, Tabuu included. I can't remember who made them, but for the hell of it, I'll say this on a hunch of mine; Phantom Wings is a genius.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Everything Brawl Thread   The Everything Brawl Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Everything Brawl Thread
Page 1 of 1