PokeChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PokeChat

Welcome to PokeChat. For both Pokemaniacs and occasional players! (Currently spam-free! ..For now.)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Strongest Pokemon?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
J
J

Male Posts : 132
Mood : The Grim Heaper
Something random : Daisukenojo
PokeCoins : 411

Strongest Pokemon? Empty
PostSubject: Strongest Pokemon?   Strongest Pokemon? I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 2:42 am

Who do you think is the best Pokemon on S/E/R.

I don't know, I just want to see what you all think
Back to top Go down
Storm
Storm

Male Posts : 416
Mood : MYAW! The King Has Returned
Something random : Definition of Love: Making a shot to the kneecap of a target 120 Kilometers away using an Aratech SD Sniper Rifle with a Tri-Light Scop. - HK-47
PokeCoins : 1240

Strongest Pokemon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strongest Pokemon?   Strongest Pokemon? I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 3:51 am

Are we talkin Legendaries too? Cuz Kyogre owns all
Back to top Go down
J
J

Strongest Pokemon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strongest Pokemon?   Strongest Pokemon? I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 5:11 am

Yeah sorry
Excluding Legendaries
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

Female Posts : 604
Mood : Splashing
Something random : Magikarps - YOU LIEK THAM?
PokeCoins : 1491

Strongest Pokemon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strongest Pokemon?   Strongest Pokemon? I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 7:03 pm

It's all a matter of opinion, really. I think it's foolish to think there's one "strongest" pokemon, unless you're counting Arceus; which in this case he isn't allowed for two reasons.

On terms of base stats, Deoxys' respective forms win in Attack, Sp. Atk, and Speed. Blissey wins in HP, Shuckle wins in Sp. def.

... All of that's true for DPP too, though.
Back to top Go down
J
J

Strongest Pokemon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strongest Pokemon?   Strongest Pokemon? I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 12:22 am

I wish I could get a Deoxys, but I didn't know you could (Mystery Gift) until it was too late. It made me mad.
Back to top Go down
Dal
Dal

Male Posts : 348
Mood : That depends...
Something random : Just remember this: take the blue pill.
PokeCoins : 970

Strongest Pokemon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strongest Pokemon?   Strongest Pokemon? I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 1:03 am

Well, the non-legendary Poke with the highest base Attack in Hoenn would be Slaking (160). The one with the highest Sp. Atk would be Gardevoir (125).
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

Strongest Pokemon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strongest Pokemon?   Strongest Pokemon? I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 2:25 am

Incorrect, Dal. The strongest non-legendary poke in the 3rd Gen in terms of Sp. Atk would be Alakazam, with a splendid 135 BS.

Although yes, you're correct on Slaking in terms of base stats; HOWEVER, Medicham, when factoring in his ability Pure Power, has higher Attack than Slaking could. Slaking maxes at 460, while Medicham garners 480. [/pokenerd]
Back to top Go down
Storm
Storm

Something random : Definition of Love: Making a shot to the kneecap of a target 120 Kilometers away using an Aratech SD Sniper Rifle with a Tri-Light Scop. - HK-47

Strongest Pokemon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strongest Pokemon?   Strongest Pokemon? I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 2:48 am

Base stat wise, Slaking ftw. I hate Medicham....
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

Strongest Pokemon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strongest Pokemon?   Strongest Pokemon? I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 10:36 pm

Medicham has more Atk, and isn't stuck with the terrible Truant ability. It also makes much better use of a Scarf or especially a Band. The only thing Slaking has over Medicham is it's bulk, which isn't that helpful anyways thanks to Truant. Base Stats don't matter when factoring in the ending result; whether it be from an ability or a move (like Swords Dance), IMO.
Back to top Go down
Storm
Storm

Strongest Pokemon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strongest Pokemon?   Strongest Pokemon? I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 3:50 am

Screw medicham. A good thing for Slaking is in a double battle use Gastro Acid on him. No more truant, just a scary ape.
Back to top Go down
Dal
Dal

Male Posts : 348
Mood : That depends...
Something random : Just remember this: take the blue pill.
PokeCoins : 970

Strongest Pokemon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strongest Pokemon?   Strongest Pokemon? I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 8:14 am

Quote :
Incorrect, Dal. The strongest non-legendary poke in the 3rd Gen in terms of Sp. Atk would be Alakazam, with a splendid 135 BS.
T'was talking about Pokes who originated from Hoenn.
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

Strongest Pokemon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strongest Pokemon?   Strongest Pokemon? I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 9:27 pm

... Originated? .-. Should of specified, lol. You said "in hoenn", and abra can be found in Hoenn, so I just assumed. Ah well, nevermind.
Back to top Go down
Fox
Fox

Male Posts : 144
Mood : Superior
Something random : Murkrow=GOD
PokeCoins : 454

Strongest Pokemon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strongest Pokemon?   Strongest Pokemon? I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 9:05 am

Medicham can't use a band well due to nackered speed, CK.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wiichat.com
Splash_King
Splash_King

Strongest Pokemon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strongest Pokemon?   Strongest Pokemon? I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 6:43 pm

I said better use, not good use. Razz You can deny the insane power a Band does give it, though. Once it gets in safely, it's predict or be KO'd.
Back to top Go down
J
J

Strongest Pokemon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strongest Pokemon?   Strongest Pokemon? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 7:37 am

Yeah, my prediction skills are crap, so I couldn't use Medicham as banded. In fact, I can only use Gallade banded for some odd reason. My Typhlosion can be banded, but he just seems to kill 2 and die.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Strongest Pokemon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strongest Pokemon?   Strongest Pokemon? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Strongest Pokemon?
Page 1 of 1