PokeChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PokeChat

Welcome to PokeChat. For both Pokemaniacs and occasional players! (Currently spam-free! ..For now.)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Water Pokemon's Water - where does it come from?

Go down 
+3
Dal
Twizdid
Splash_King
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Splash_King
Splash_King

Female Posts : 604
Mood : Splashing
Something random : Magikarps - YOU LIEK THAM?
PokeCoins : 1491

Water Pokemon's Water - where does it come from? Empty
PostSubject: Water Pokemon's Water - where does it come from?   Water Pokemon's Water - where does it come from? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 7:41 am

We know that lots of water pokemon have the ability to use water guns or hydro pump attacks, right? These pokemon expel water from their mouths/orifices/cannons/whatevers at high pressures, and they use it for a variety of purposes. I know this, however, there is something about it that has bothered me for a long time. As the title says...

Where does it come from?

Do they store it in their bodies for extended periods of time? If so, would it evaporate after a certain amount of time? Do they just have a lot of spit? Or perhaps their bodies naturally create huge volumes of water at a time? Discuss.
Back to top Go down
Twizdid
Admin
Twizdid

Female Posts : 242
Mood : Breaking the habit, praying for some help
Something random : iUberXlyPwnUN3wbishly
PokeCoins : 540

PostSubject: Re: Water Pokemon's Water - where does it come from?   Water Pokemon's Water - where does it come from? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 9:19 am

Haha.
Never really thought about it.
Maybe the inside of their bodies are 100% water, and they have unlimited access to it.
Then you go to water and they get more. xD
Back to top Go down
http://pokechat.omgforum.net
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: Water Pokemon's Water - where does it come from?   Water Pokemon's Water - where does it come from? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 7:34 pm

100% water? o_o That'd be.. weird. Then again, the pokemon world isn't meant to be logical. XD I personally think it's some kind of chemical reaction between a few substances their body naturally creates. They could probably do this at will, and it'l generate a huge amount of water.

Something that suports this "theory" is way back when in the anime, there was this one episode.. A pokemon was preparing to use a water move, I think Hydro Pump, and it's mouth got clamped shut, so it couldn't use it. So the water began to build up and it started to physically expand, until it's mouth was opened and all the water bursted it.

This shows that pokemon generally don't have 100% control of the water once they start using it, sort of like an overabundance of it. Thus, a chemical reaction with huge aftereffects is plausible, yeah?

That also makes you wonder about fire types.. where does their fire come from? I remember in one of Flareon's dex entries it said it had a sack to store fire in, within it's body. It obviously can't store all that fire at once for say, repeated flamethrowers or a fire blast, so I think the chemical reaction hypothesis of mine works here too. [/extreme pokenerd]
Back to top Go down
Dal
Dal

Male Posts : 348
Mood : That depends...
Something random : Just remember this: take the blue pill.
PokeCoins : 970

PostSubject: Re: Water Pokemon's Water - where does it come from?   Water Pokemon's Water - where does it come from? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 8:20 am

Well, CK, this is obvious.

...They don't have any (special) parts, so, the liquid must come out somewhere. It just lost all of its color going up the body, that's all.
Back to top Go down
Dusk923
Dusk923

PokeCoins : 25

PostSubject: Re: Water Pokemon's Water - where does it come from?   Water Pokemon's Water - where does it come from? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 11:29 am

Fire pokemon...couldnt they make fire by burning the heat in there body and blowing it out as burning air...
Like a dragon or something...

Water...they probably keep all water in ther stomach after drinking it...
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: Water Pokemon's Water - where does it come from?   Water Pokemon's Water - where does it come from? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 12:40 am

Dusk923 wrote:

They'd have to be like a black hole then, a Squirtle using Hydro Pump is way too much water to be stored, even if they were literally a hollow shell. I'm still thinking the chemical reaction is the most likely theory... It's still up for grabs, though.

Dusk923 wrote:
Fire pokemon...couldnt they make fire by burning the heat in there body and blowing it out as burning air...

Well, as I mentioned in my earlier post, Flareon have a pouch where they store fire. My guess is that the fire is created via some kind of unstable (again) chemical reaction, which when exposed to a certain level of oxygen, typically the average amount of oxygen on earth, it'l cause rapid expansion and a huge mass of flames. Much different from my water chemical reaction theory, but it would make sense, yeah? I don't think they could store just raw flames inside them, there'd be too much to store IMO.

Also, while this wouldn't work for pokemon, theory has it that if dragons did exist, they produced fire through means of a chemical reaction. If dragons did exist, their breath would be highly laced with something flammable, gained from eating certain plants, materials, etc. They'd probably also be able to naturally produce a flammable liquid from again, things they eat specifically, which they'd regurgitate when they need to produce fire. In order to start the fire, they click their teeth together roughly, which their teeth are likely to be made of something that easily produces sparks, similar to Flint but much stronger. With the liquid regurgitated and their highly flammable breath, combined with sparks from their teeth, an explosion of fire literally erupts from their mouth.

... Don't ask how I know this.
Back to top Go down
Twizdid
Admin
Twizdid

Female Posts : 242
Mood : Breaking the habit, praying for some help
Something random : iUberXlyPwnUN3wbishly
PokeCoins : 540

PostSubject: Re: Water Pokemon's Water - where does it come from?   Water Pokemon's Water - where does it come from? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 9:51 am

Ehh.. I'm just confused now.

I liked my idea. Crying
Back to top Go down
http://pokechat.omgforum.net
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: Water Pokemon's Water - where does it come from?   Water Pokemon's Water - where does it come from? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 9:58 am

Yes, I have a way of confusing people... >.>; But my theories make some sense, right? <.<;
Back to top Go down
Storm
Storm

Male Posts : 416
Mood : MYAW! The King Has Returned
Something random : Definition of Love: Making a shot to the kneecap of a target 120 Kilometers away using an Aratech SD Sniper Rifle with a Tri-Light Scop. - HK-47
PokeCoins : 1240

PostSubject: Re: Water Pokemon's Water - where does it come from?   Water Pokemon's Water - where does it come from? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 6:15 am

TheOriginalOne-CK wrote:
Dusk923 wrote:

They'd have to be like a black hole then, a Squirtle using Hydro Pump is way too much water to be stored, even if they were literally a hollow shell. I'm still thinking the chemical reaction is the most likely theory... It's still up for grabs, though.

Dusk923 wrote:

Well, as I mentioned in my earlier post, Flareon have a pouch where they store fire. My guess is that the fire is created via some kind of unstable (again) chemical reaction, which when exposed to a certain level of oxygen, typically the average amount of oxygen on earth, it'l cause rapid expansion and a huge mass of flames. Much different from my water chemical reaction theory, but it would make sense, yeah? I don't think they could store just raw flames inside them, there'd be too much to store IMO.

Also, while this wouldn't work for pokemon, theory has it that if dragons did exist, they produced fire through means of a chemical reaction. If dragons did exist, their breath would be highly laced with something flammable, gained from eating certain plants, materials, etc. They'd probably also be able to naturally produce a flammable liquid from again, things they eat specifically, which they'd regurgitate when they need to produce fire. In order to start the fire, they click their teeth together roughly, which their teeth are likely to be made of something that easily produces sparks, similar to Flint but much stronger. With the liquid regurgitated and their highly flammable breath, combined with sparks from their teeth, an explosion of fire literally erupts from their mouth.

... Don't ask how I know this.

Yea CK, I have delved deep into this subject. I actually know a very large amount of information about Dragons. As a matter of fact, the material theorized that they used to make the fire was Platinum, large Platinum deposits are where Dragons were hypothesized to make their caves. Their body naturally produced a chemical that when in the presence of platinum, creates a rush of heat, which reacted with the platinum, setting on fire and causing the gas to find its quickest escape route, via the mouth.

If any of you have seen Dragonhewart: A new Beggining, their was a segment when Drake shot fire out his but. This is not possible, because Dragons are theorized to have two stomachs, one for proccessing normal food, the other storing Platinum. The platinum stomach track was lined with a material that was "non-combustible", giving way to their being able to sustain a continuous stream of fire without causing immense damage to themselves.

They flew as well because in their body they had large sacks, an extra set of lungs, that filtered the air breathed in by the Dragon. Through weight in the air, Oxygen was placed into the Normal lungs and respirated normally, while the other gases were stored in their extra lung set. Because of this, Dragons had sort of "balloons" in their bodys to help keep them suspended during flight. Otherwise, they could not have been able to fly. I mean, come on, a 2 ton creature soaring into the air just with wings, no Jets or any sort of propulsion? Not plausible.

Anyway, back oin topic, I agree with CK. Chemical reaction could easily create large quantities of water. Example: If any of you have watched the Pokemon series, before using any Water attack, Squirtle sucks in a big gulp of air, then expels the water. My theory is, when the large quantity of air is inhaled, the Oxygen and Hydrogen are sent to a different sack because of weight. There, they come in contact with the Pokemon's chemical, which could be supercool since they are naturally cold (being water types) Then, when the atoms hit it, they combine and create vast quantities of water.

An example of this is, if youve ever had bottled water, this has to be cold, and leave it in the middle of a normal temperature room for not even 5 minutes, when you grab it, their is water on the outside of the bottle. Of course your first reaction is to think their is a leak, but alas, because the bottle contains H2O ( water) other Hydrogen and Oxygen molecules are drawn to it, accumulating on the outside of the bottle and forming an Ionic bond, creating water molecules.

Because of these reasons, this theory is plausible.

Sorry the post is so long. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: Water Pokemon's Water - where does it come from?   Water Pokemon's Water - where does it come from? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 6:27 am

Nono, long posts are good, and entertaining. It's good to finally see someone besides me make a long post in this thread. Smile

I hate going off topic, but I'd have to mention this - there shouldn't be any type of gas in existence that is buyant to keep an animal afloat, even in large quantities... Some of the floatiest gasses have trouble just keeping a lead ballon in the sky (which isn't very heavy, btw). Dragons would have to have massive wings and be able to flap them for long periods of time to fly, generally repetitively and quickly like a small bird, rather than something that soared like a Hawk or Eagle. They'd need one huge extra lung in order to store so much gas/es as to help them fly easier...
Back to top Go down
Storm
Storm

Something random : Definition of Love: Making a shot to the kneecap of a target 120 Kilometers away using an Aratech SD Sniper Rifle with a Tri-Light Scop. - HK-47

PostSubject: Re: Water Pokemon's Water - where does it come from?   Water Pokemon's Water - where does it come from? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 6:32 am

I know. Im going off what ive learned, only in mass quantities. Still hard to see them being able to fly at all... Most of this I got from the Discovery Channel's Dragon show, and other stuff from research. Im not saying it actually suspended them on gas alone, they'd need great amounts of wing power, speed, and good air currents, which is why many Dragon stories taking place near volcanos is Ironic; because those places would be the best thermal vents, best supporters of latinum, and provide the best defense.
Back to top Go down
Storm
Storm

PostSubject: Re: Water Pokemon's Water - where does it come from?   Water Pokemon's Water - where does it come from? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 11:49 pm

Came on with the Discovery a couple years ago, I think 06. Just search "Living Dragon Discovery" in Google an you should find it.
Back to top Go down
Gbj153
Gbj153

Female Posts : 186
Mood : OMFG my fan spontaniously burst into flames! WTF?!!!
Something random : GOT RICE BI*CH?!
PokeCoins : 585

PostSubject: Re: Water Pokemon's Water - where does it come from?   Water Pokemon's Water - where does it come from? I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 6:38 am

haha CK, you're thinking way too hard. Maybe they have special holding places in their body? like how camels store their fat Smile

Or water pokemon's water isn't really water...and it's really SPEW.... if you think about it... They squirt the water from their mouths (well most of them) and makes funny noises when they do..
Back to top Go down
bigwillly

Male Posts : 78
Something random : FORUM HEEL
PokeCoins : 248

PostSubject: Re: Water Pokemon's Water - where does it come from?   Water Pokemon's Water - where does it come from? I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 11:03 am

They just do ok?

end of story lol

Nah i agree with the theorie that they keep on producing the materials naturally.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Water Pokemon's Water - where does it come from?   Water Pokemon's Water - where does it come from? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Water Pokemon's Water - where does it come from?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PokeChat :: Off-topic forum :: Pokemon lounge-
Jump to: