PokeChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PokeChat

Welcome to PokeChat. For both Pokemaniacs and occasional players! (Currently spam-free! ..For now.)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!

Go down 
+6
bigwillly
Gbj153
Fox
Storm
Dal
Splash_King
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

(Read first post before voting) Which game will you buy?
Heart Gold
Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! I_vote_lcap27%Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! I_vote_rcap
 27% [ 4 ]
Soul Silver
Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! I_vote_lcap33%Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 5 ]
Spirit Crystal
Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! I_vote_lcap33%Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 5 ]
Neither, I couldn't care less
Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! I_vote_lcap7%Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
Splash_King
Splash_King

Female Posts : 604
Mood : Splashing
Something random : Magikarps - YOU LIEK THAM?
PokeCoins : 1491

Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! Empty
PostSubject: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 3:46 pm

Yes, that's right, pokemon Gold and Silver will be garnering remakes this generation! Recent speculation of a pokemon-themed show on Japanese television hinted Gold and Silver remakes with a big announcement to soon be revealed, as well as other stage props hinting it would be GS remakes. Just today, Heart Gold and Soul Silver have been confirmed on the official pokemon website! Here's an english link, supporting the announcement.

http://ds.nintendolife.com/news/2009/05/pokemon_heart_gold_and_soul_silver_officially_announced

Along with RBY, GSC was the prime of pokemon's time. GSC was improved in every way from RBY, and while the oldest games will always be the originals, GSC simply introduced more, refined gameplay, and in general made many things better. Not to mention the inclusion of Kanto either way! GSC was in short, epic, just as it's innovative predecesors were.

If you can agree with these above statements, I wouldn't be suprised if you're as ecstatic for these remakes as I am. I don't need to say this; discuss these soon to be epic games here! Whether you're a longtime fan crying tears of joy, or you're just plain looking forward to it, talk about it here.

To start things off; while no differences between HG (Heart Gold) and and SS (Soul Silver) have been announced, if you had to choose now, which one would you get? I personally can't decide too easily, but probably Soul Silver since it sounds more badass.
Back to top Go down
Dal
Dal

Male Posts : 348
Mood : That depends...
Something random : Just remember this: take the blue pill.
PokeCoins : 970

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 3:56 pm

Epic, epic, epic, epic, epic, epic, epic (repeat 10 times more).

I voted for all 3 of them, since I'm gonna get whatever I see first. ;D

If I have a choice, I'd go with Heart Gold, though, since I grew up with Pokemon Gold.

(can't wait)
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 7:39 pm

Well, sadly, you'll have to wait... as we all must. DX Since it's being released Fall 2009 for Japan (they must of begun production awhile ago), it won't be coming out till mid or even late 2010.

But wait, I shall. I'm more than willing to wait a year or more for epic games like this.

... You were only supposed to vote for 1, Dal. Razz
Back to top Go down
Storm
Storm

Male Posts : 416
Mood : MYAW! The King Has Returned
Something random : Definition of Love: Making a shot to the kneecap of a target 120 Kilometers away using an Aratech SD Sniper Rifle with a Tri-Light Scop. - HK-47
PokeCoins : 1240

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 9:40 pm

That shit is awesome! Im voting for Soul Silver. Very badass, and Lugia is God. Arceus can suck it, in terms of being badass, Lugia and Mewtwo own. And I grew up with Silver version, back when I would clone pokes. I took on the elite four for the first time with 6 level 55 Lugia's.

Pawnage.
Back to top Go down
Fox
Fox

Male Posts : 144
Mood : Superior
Something random : Murkrow=GOD
PokeCoins : 454

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 10:03 pm

This is new.
I'll get 'em all, as long as they can interact with DPP, if not, no dice.

Also, though this probably means nothing, the article says there are no plans for an international release.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wiichat.com
Storm
Storm

Something random : Definition of Love: Making a shot to the kneecap of a target 120 Kilometers away using an Aratech SD Sniper Rifle with a Tri-Light Scop. - HK-47

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 11:58 pm

@ Fox: Gotta buy 'em all!

..... [/end nerd tangent]
Back to top Go down
Gbj153
Gbj153

Female Posts : 186
Mood : OMFG my fan spontaniously burst into flames! WTF?!!!
Something random : GOT RICE BI*CH?!
PokeCoins : 585

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 12:29 am

Ha finally they announced it. I wonder if they will let you move to different continents and such.
If so the cartage must be huge. I wonder if any new pokemon evolutions or pre-evolutions will be added. But i'm really hoping that they let people move to different continents.
I would buy soul silver since i hate ho-oh, i hate how he looks like a big flying chicken
Back to top Go down
Fox
Fox

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 8:51 am

Same here. Bottom-rung uber.
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 11:17 am

Lugia might be more badass then Ho-Oh, but is he really that bad? =/

Who voted for Spirit Crystal? Soul Silver sounds better. Razz
Back to top Go down
Fox
Fox

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 12:53 pm

Yeah, he is. Ever use one? 50% SR damage in ubers is unacceptable. It has terrible defensive AND offensive typing. A rather limited movepool, and messed up stats. That fantastic defense is wasted on crappy typing. It's attack stat and Sacred Fire are his saving grace IMO. Makes it usable, just not great.
I'm all for making Ho-Oh high OU tier.
Sorry, I always tend to look at a pokemon and judge it by it's competative worth, but even looking at it subjectively, cmon...rainbow chicken?
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 9:16 am

SR weaknesses usually doesn't matter in ubers, SR's rare enough as is. It's certainly a terrible weakness to have, but that doesn't make it unusable.

... Ho-Oh in OU tier is retarded. If SR isn't in play he rapes everything. That burn rate on Scared Fire could be abused for stopping physical rock move-users, and it's humongous defenses prevent anything else from OHKOing it, unless it's rediculously beefed up (twice Nasty Plotted Porygon-Z with Thunderbolt, maybe?).

Can you imagine how scary it'd be in the sun in OU? It burns the typical physical pokes found on a Sandstorm team, and Rain isn't all-that common anyways. Ho-Oh = ubers, no contest.

... I honestly don't think Ho-Oh looks that bad, but... eh.

Oh, and the Spirit Crystal thing was a joke, it doesn't exist. Razz Lol @ people who voted for it. Razz
Back to top Go down
bigwillly

Male Posts : 78
Something random : FORUM HEEL
PokeCoins : 248

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 1:55 pm

Being a pirate i am i would imagine i get all 3 versions. FTW
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 2:21 pm

Two, versions. As I said, Spirit Crystal doesn't exist and a joke. Razz Anyone voting for it is clueless. >.>
Back to top Go down
Gbj153
Gbj153

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 1:57 am

CK update if you find more info on the games Smile
Back to top Go down
Dal
Dal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 2:45 am

I'm confused about the pics posted by Serebii.

Does your starter Pokemon follow you around like in Yellow? Or is this only in the beginning?
Back to top Go down
Storm
Storm

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 3:10 am

Quite a funny video of a black guys point of view on Soul Silver and Heart Gold. Just for the lulz. Watch it all the way through, pretty funny. This guy is so freakin weird. And, for all Ho-oh haters (Fox perhaps?) This guy bitches out Ho-oh around 5 minute point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puJl207RCDk&feature=related

This ones just creepy... little gay dude...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSF0SCu5QRs&NR=1
Back to top Go down
Gbj153
Gbj153

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 4:49 am

"There no any F**K about Ho-oh, Ho-oh is sh*t! F*CK Ho-Oh, LUGIA MOTHER F*CKER! HE WAS IN A MOVIE!" <<<<------ From the 1st video lol, hilarious
Back to top Go down
Storm
Storm

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 4:50 am

I know. That guy was trippin balls...
Back to top Go down
bigwillly

Male Posts : 78
Something random : FORUM HEEL
PokeCoins : 248

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 9:41 am

I Love Pocket monsters they are the best. I was the pokegod at my school first to catch mewtwo and all so awesome
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 3:32 pm

Pokegod? lol! Everyone thought they were the best back then, even if they were regarded so. Yet ironically, we all sucked back in those days compared to now, yeah? A kid's a kid, after all.

Dal wrote:
I'm confused about the pics posted by Serebii.

Does your starter Pokemon follow you around like in Yellow? Or is this only in the beginning?

This hasn't been specified yet. Odds are it'l be in atleast the beginning of the game, but so far there's no news on it being permanent. Since it's running off of Platinum's engine, the game designer could easily incorporate the "walk with your pokemon" feature from... what's it called... that one park above Hearthome. Starts with a G, I think... ? Meh, I havn't been there in over a year, only went to get contest accesories, so I don't remember.

Storm wrote:
Quite a funny video of a black guys point of view on Soul Silver and Heart Gold. Just for the lulz. Watch it all the way through, pretty funny. This guy is so freakin weird. And, for all Ho-oh haters (Fox perhaps?) This guy bitches out Ho-oh around 5 minute point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puJl207RCDk&feature=related

This ones just creepy... little gay dude...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSF0SCu5QRs&NR=1

Those videos bored me to death. Razz Listening to other persons' opinions usually isn't my forte. Didn't watch for more than a minute on both. ... The dude in the second video has ADHD or something, though. o_o'
Back to top Go down
Gbj153
Gbj153

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 12:34 am

TheOriginalOne-CK wrote:
Pokegod? lol! Everyone thought they were the best back then, even if they were regarded so. Yet ironically, we all sucked back in those days compared to now, yeah? A kid's a kid, after all.

Lol, remember the rare candy cheat and the missingo? Razz
Back to top Go down
Twizdid
Admin
Twizdid

Female Posts : 242
Mood : Breaking the habit, praying for some help
Something random : iUberXlyPwnUN3wbishly
PokeCoins : 540

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 8:41 am

Sounds interesting, though Platinum is still the game of interest for me.
Back to top Go down
http://pokechat.omgforum.net
Shadow*91
Shadow*91

Male Posts : 227
Location : My house....nothing but a cardboard shack with electricity.
Mood : BORED! SAVE ME FROM BOREDOM!
Something random : Check out my RP! The Order in the Roleplaying sub-forum.
PokeCoins : 596

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 7:22 pm

Twizdid wrote:
Sounds interesting, though Platinum is still the game of interest for me.
why not have both Platinum and a generation 2 remake? thats what i'll be doing since i have platinum and never got a good chance to explore the johto region.
my friend let me borrow his crystal but as soon as i beat red he took it back. i never got to go get Ho-oh, Lugia or the other two dogs.
Back to top Go down
Twizdid
Admin
Twizdid

Female Posts : 242
Mood : Breaking the habit, praying for some help
Something random : iUberXlyPwnUN3wbishly
PokeCoins : 540

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 4:54 am

Well my mum barely gets me stuff, and I never get paid. I haven't had credit over a month.
So it's hard for me to get stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://pokechat.omgforum.net
Dal
Dal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 5:16 am

Well.... new question!

What starter are you going to get?

I'mma get Totodile, since I always get the Water Starter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next