PokeChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PokeChat

Welcome to PokeChat. For both Pokemaniacs and occasional players! (Currently spam-free! ..For now.)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Yellow discussion

Go down 
+4
Fox
daville425
Splash_King
Bodine
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Bodine

Male Posts : 51
Mood : Bodiney
Something random : McSex
PokeCoins : 171

Yellow discussion Empty
PostSubject: Yellow discussion   Yellow discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 8:27 pm

What's up with all this lack of post on the oldschool games? lol

Lets do some discussion shall we?
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

Female Posts : 604
Mood : Splashing
Something random : Magikarps - YOU LIEK THAM?
PokeCoins : 1491

Yellow discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow discussion   Yellow discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 12:58 pm

Good question...

Ah yes, the good times of Yellow. Classic game, the only pokemon game to be modeled after the anime. Don't you remember the endless memories of talking to your Pikachu, Pikachu's blatantly shocked face when Bill changed back to a human, and the fuxing annoying as heck "PIKA!" you hear every time you enter a battle? ... I certainly do. Smile

I actually recently did a playthrough of my Yellow, twice infact. Man, the E4 was tough back then, no doubt. The E4 of Platinum after beating them once (post E4) is even tougher, though. Platinum's post champion is pretty rough for an in-game fight. Still, RBY had a lot tougher Champions than RSE and definatly GSC, lol.

Has anyone ever used their Pikachu to beat the E4? He's too weak, I only used him on Lorelei once. ... Once. Razz
Back to top Go down
Bodine

Yellow discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow discussion   Yellow discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 1:15 pm

I beat the E4 with mah Pika. It was tough.

And I thought this was cool as a kid but when I saw a playthrough recently I thought to myself, "Jessie and James don't belong in a game." lol
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

Yellow discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow discussion   Yellow discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 1:18 pm

Lol, indeed they don't. Completely out of place... they appear for a battle, and disappear, with virtually no building on their character. ... Then again, a lot of games based off of an anime aren't very good.

THANKFULLY, no pokemon game was based on the anime; except Yellow's storyline, but that's beside the point. If a pokemon game was 100% based on the anime, it probably wouldn't be as good...
Back to top Go down
Bodine

Yellow discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow discussion   Yellow discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 1:57 pm

Yeah I was about to say, "Thank God it isn't exactly like the anime. I don't need rihippo complaining about the games too!" lol
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

Yellow discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow discussion   Yellow discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 2:21 pm

Rihippo... some dude from Wiichat, right?

If it was like the anime, Effort Values wouldn't exist, game mechanics would be bland and practicaly non-existant, and every character's lines would be suited for a 4 year old. ... Oh the horror. RBY and GSC would be much less impressive if this were the case, and RSE/DPP would be absolutely terrible.

And Pikachu could beat Onix. ... Epic fail, yes indeed.

Yellow should be the only one of it's kind... No matter how fun it was, it'd get stale over time IMO.
Back to top Go down
daville425
daville425

PokeCoins : 20

Yellow discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow discussion   Yellow discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 11:08 pm

Why couldn't yellow be remade for GBA instead of Blue and Red.
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

Yellow discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow discussion   Yellow discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 12:17 am

Eh, "Lightning Yellow" or something would be a bit of a waste, FR/LG had all the pokemon necesarry for completing your pokedex, and investing extra time to make one game overall better and outsell the others two is pretty pointless. It's a financial mistake, too. I'm sure more people would go for the new "yellow" version, rather than FR/LG, which would cause an overstock of the other two games, lowering their price and value.
Back to top Go down
daville425
daville425

PokeCoins : 20

Yellow discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow discussion   Yellow discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 3:43 am

"Lightning Yellow " not a bad title FR\LG are still not as good as blue and red.
Back to top Go down
Fox
Fox

Male Posts : 144
Mood : Superior
Something random : Murkrow=GOD
PokeCoins : 454

Yellow discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow discussion   Yellow discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 9:56 am

The only 2 notable things in Yellow we're both unpleasant. Pikachu followed you around everywhere and no MISSINGNO...
Blue was superior IMO.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wiichat.com
Bodine

Yellow discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow discussion   Yellow discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 2:46 pm

TheOriginalOne-CK wrote:
Eh, "Lightning Yellow" or something would be a bit of a waste, FR/LG had all the pokemon necesarry for completing your pokedex, and investing extra time to make one game overall better and outsell the others two is pretty pointless. It's a financial mistake, too. I'm sure more people would go for the new "yellow" version, rather than FR/LG, which would cause an overstock of the other two games, lowering their price and value.

Am I mistaken to say that Nintendo always does that? Crystal, Emerald, Platinum...
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

Yellow discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow discussion   Yellow discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 3:37 pm

Fox wrote:
The only 2 notable things in Yellow we're both unpleasant. Pikachu followed you around everywhere and no MISSINGNO...
Blue was superior IMO.

Missingno. was in Yellow, Fox. Just a different method. Razz Search youtube.

Bodine wrote:
Am I mistaken to say that Nintendo always does that? Crystal, Emerald, Platinum...

You're only partially mistaken. FR/LG were just remakes and not the main series of generation 3 (which was RSE), so they didn't bother making a 3rd version. They could of, but as I mentioned once, it'd probably be a finnancial mistake.
Back to top Go down
Gbj153
Gbj153

Female Posts : 186
Mood : OMFG my fan spontaniously burst into flames! WTF?!!!
Something random : GOT RICE BI*CH?!
PokeCoins : 585

Yellow discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow discussion   Yellow discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 7:34 pm

I hated the pikachu stalker, so i had him dead at all times
^^ Later i evolved him and stuffed it in my PC
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

Yellow discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow discussion   Yellow discussion I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 8:09 am

You can't evolve Yellow Pikachu. Razz It simply won't work.

Although I did throw my Pikachu into my PC half the time. Since it won't evolve, I couldn't care less of it.

In absolutely all ways, Pikachu <<<<<<< Raichu.
Back to top Go down
Storm
Storm

Male Posts : 416
Mood : MYAW! The King Has Returned
Something random : Definition of Love: Making a shot to the kneecap of a target 120 Kilometers away using an Aratech SD Sniper Rifle with a Tri-Light Scop. - HK-47
PokeCoins : 1240

Yellow discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow discussion   Yellow discussion I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 8:54 pm

Im sorry CK, but you are forgetting something. Pikachu does onw the f**k outta Raichu in one category.

Pikachu >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Raichu in fame. lol!
Back to top Go down
Gbj153
Gbj153

Female Posts : 186
Mood : OMFG my fan spontaniously burst into flames! WTF?!!!
Something random : GOT RICE BI*CH?!
PokeCoins : 585

Yellow discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow discussion   Yellow discussion I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 11:04 pm

my pikachu evolved....you can get it to evolve after elite 4, right?
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

Yellow discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow discussion   Yellow discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 1:04 am

I still don't think you can evolve it after the E4... ehhh... I honestly don't know, though.

Storm wrote:
Im sorry CK, but you are forgetting something. Pikachu does onw the f**k outta Raichu in one category.

Pikachu >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Raichu in fame. lol!

Because Pikachu is the posterboy of pokemon, it's a typical stereotype of what pokemon fans love in a pokemon. The only reason half the earth's population give a rat's (lol) ass about Pikachu is because Ash has an overpowered one; which is actually a Raichu in disguise.

Thus, Pikachu fails. And Raichu wins. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Storm
Storm

Male Posts : 416
Mood : MYAW! The King Has Returned
Something random : Definition of Love: Making a shot to the kneecap of a target 120 Kilometers away using an Aratech SD Sniper Rifle with a Tri-Light Scop. - HK-47
PokeCoins : 1240

Yellow discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow discussion   Yellow discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 4:50 am

I know CK. I would rather have Raichu than a Pikachu but, whatever. Nice pun with the rats ass btw.

Btw CK, even a Raichu cant take down an Onix. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

Yellow discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow discussion   Yellow discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 8:29 am

ACTUALLY! A Raichu can most definatly take down an Onix. Better than a Pikachu can. Smile Why, do you ask? Focus Blast. A move Pikachu can't learn. ;D Don't bullshit me on my Raichu knowledge, Storm. Razz
Back to top Go down
Twizdid
Admin
Twizdid

Female Posts : 242
Mood : Breaking the habit, praying for some help
Something random : iUberXlyPwnUN3wbishly
PokeCoins : 540

Yellow discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow discussion   Yellow discussion I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 6:14 pm

XD, this game pissed me off.
I never beat the first gym leader, gave up.

Electric starter/ Ground first gym leader ftl?
Back to top Go down
http://pokechat.omgforum.net
Shadow*91
Shadow*91

Male Posts : 227
Location : My house....nothing but a cardboard shack with electricity.
Mood : BORED! SAVE ME FROM BOREDOM!
Something random : Check out my RP! The Order in the Roleplaying sub-forum.
PokeCoins : 596

Yellow discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow discussion   Yellow discussion I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 7:24 pm

Actually he's a Rock gym but the only Rock types he uses are Rock/Ground so i see your point. that's why i made sure to have a powered up Butterfree by then
Back to top Go down
Twizdid
Admin
Twizdid

Female Posts : 242
Mood : Breaking the habit, praying for some help
Something random : iUberXlyPwnUN3wbishly
PokeCoins : 540

Yellow discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow discussion   Yellow discussion I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 7:52 pm

Lol. I tried raising a different pokemon, but then I was like f**k it, went back to playing Diamond, Emerald, and FireRed, and never touched it again.
Sold it for a decent 15$.
Back to top Go down
http://pokechat.omgforum.net
Splash_King
Splash_King

Yellow discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow discussion   Yellow discussion I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 9:40 pm

OR, you could of caught a Mankey on the Route beside Viridian (Route 2, I believe?), level it up so it learns Low Kick, and pwn Brock. That's what I did. Razz Mankey is godly early on in Yellow, yes? Crushes normal and rock types with ease.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Yellow discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow discussion   Yellow discussion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yellow discussion
Page 1 of 1