PokeChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PokeChat

Welcome to PokeChat. For both Pokemaniacs and occasional players! (Currently spam-free! ..For now.)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!

Go down 
+6
bigwillly
Gbj153
Fox
Storm
Dal
Splash_King
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

(Read first post before voting) Which game will you buy?
Heart Gold
Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap27%Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 27% [ 4 ]
Soul Silver
Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap33%Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 5 ]
Spirit Crystal
Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap33%Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 5 ]
Neither, I couldn't care less
Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap7%Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
Gbj153
Gbj153

Female Posts : 186
Mood : OMFG my fan spontaniously burst into flames! WTF?!!!
Something random : GOT RICE BI*CH?!
PokeCoins : 585

Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 7:26 am

Chikorita ftw!!! I always get the grass
Back to top Go down
Twizdid
Admin
Twizdid

Female Posts : 242
Mood : Breaking the habit, praying for some help
Something random : iUberXlyPwnUN3wbishly
PokeCoins : 540

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 11:32 am

Dunno the fire one, so don't ask me.

Out of Totodile/chikorita, I prefer Chikorita.

.. .. .. ..
Totodile and Chikorita are words on the wii internet dictionary. Wtf.
Back to top Go down
http://pokechat.omgforum.net
Splash_King
Splash_King

Female Posts : 604
Mood : Splashing
Something random : Magikarps - YOU LIEK THAM?
PokeCoins : 1491

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 4:12 pm

Cyndaquil, because it's a fire type. Razz I always choose the fire type.

Twizdid wrote:
Totodile and Chikorita are words on the wii internet dictionary. Wtf.

... Seriously?

OH NOEZ. Someone voted "Neither, I couldn't care less". Everyone, quickly. Give Bodine a suspicious glare. Razz
Back to top Go down
Dal
Dal

Male Posts : 348
Mood : That depends...
Something random : Just remember this: take the blue pill.
PokeCoins : 970

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 4:47 pm

Quote :
I'mma get Totodile, since I always get the Water Starter.
Quote :
Chikorita ftw!!! I always get the grass
Quote :
Cyndaquil, because it's a fire type. Razz I always choose the fire type.
...I'm starting to see a pattern here... or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Twizdid
Admin
Twizdid

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 5:49 pm

TheOriginalOne-CK wrote:
OH NOEZ. Someone voted "Neither, I couldn't care less". Everyone, quickly. Give Bodine a suspicious glare. Razz
Erm, That was me. *hides from forum pokemaniacs*
Back to top Go down
Shadow*91
Shadow*91

Male Posts : 227
Location : My house....nothing but a cardboard shack with electricity.
Mood : BORED! SAVE ME FROM BOREDOM!
Something random : Check out my RP! The Order in the Roleplaying sub-forum.
PokeCoins : 596

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 7:22 pm

i always pick the grass starter except Chikorita, to f***ing ugly and weak. Cyndaquil ftw!
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 9:38 pm

Twizdid wrote:
TheOriginalOne-CK wrote:

WHAT'S THIS?! KILL THE NON BELIEVERS!

Lol, no. I swear it was Bodine... CK did not expect this to happen. [/referrence]

Shadow*91 wrote:
i always pick the grass starter except Chikorita, to f***ing ugly and weak. Cyndaquil ftw!

... What? That's ironic, I don't like most of the grass starters, but Chikorita is epic, IMO. Chikorita ftw. ... Although yes, it is weak.
Back to top Go down
Gbj153
Gbj153

Female Posts : 186
Mood : OMFG my fan spontaniously burst into flames! WTF?!!!
Something random : GOT RICE BI*CH?!
PokeCoins : 585

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 2:55 am

TheOriginalOne-CK wrote:
Twizdid wrote:
TheOriginalOne-CK wrote:

Lol, it's ok. She's an Aussie, they do everything weird down there, like REJECTING POSSIBLY THE BEST POKEMON GAME! I would love to see nintendo Austrillia make a Koala version or a Kangaroo version xP
Back to top Go down
Shadow*91
Shadow*91

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 7:56 pm

TheOriginalOne-CK wrote:
Shadow*91 wrote:

... What? That's ironic, I don't like most of the grass starters, but Chikorita is epic, IMO. Chikorita ftw. ... Although yes, it is weak.

I always seem to like the grass starters best. but Chikorita ruins that for me. Ugly as all hell, weak as all hell, crappy ass move pool, does she have any good points? answer= NO

Cyndaquil FTW!
Back to top Go down
Storm
Storm

Male Posts : 416
Mood : MYAW! The King Has Returned
Something random : Definition of Love: Making a shot to the kneecap of a target 120 Kilometers away using an Aratech SD Sniper Rifle with a Tri-Light Scop. - HK-47
PokeCoins : 1240

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 3:16 am

Amazing defenses. Not to mention being a pure Grass type and ditching the extra weaknesses of Venusaur.
Back to top Go down
Shadow*91
Shadow*91

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 4:07 am

compare Venusaur to Meganium, which is better?

Venusaur weak to 5 types, Meganium weak to 4
Venusaur has a great movepool, Meganium does not.
Venusaur has overall better stats than Meganium, except in the defensive catagory
Venusaur could also OHKO Meganium, something Meganium cannot do back

winner: Venusaur
Back to top Go down
Twizdid
Admin
Twizdid

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 6:10 am

Gbj153 wrote:
TheOriginalOne-CK wrote:
Twizdid wrote:
TheOriginalOne-CK wrote:

Lol, it's ok. She's an Aussie, they do everything weird down there, like REJECTING POSSIBLY THE BEST POKEMON GAME! I would love to see nintendo Austrillia make a Koala version or a Kangaroo version xP

.-. ..

Just because I have a life..

Edit: I'm not an Aussie, I've only lived here 10 months.

Last edited by Twizdid on Fri May 15, 2009 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dal
Dal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 6:11 am

Quote :
Venusaur has overall better stats than Meganium, except in the defensive catagory
Perhaps we should look at the base stats before saying things like this.

Venasaur | Meganium

HP 80 | HP 80
Atk 82 | Atk 82
Def 83 | Def 100
SpA 100 | SpA 83
SpD 100 | SpD 100
Spe 80 | Spe 80

The only thing Venasaur has more than Meganium is Sp. Atk. Likewise, the only thing Meganium has more of is Defense. So, their stats are practically the same.
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 7:40 pm

Not to mention Meganium has a moveset more detrimental to defending, rather than Venusaur being mostly offensive/bulky attacker. Meganium is in no way worse than Venusaur, and nor is Venusaur worse than Meganium. They're both good at what they do in UU.

... Venusaur fanboy. Razz
Back to top Go down
Storm
Storm

Something random : Definition of Love: Making a shot to the kneecap of a target 120 Kilometers away using an Aratech SD Sniper Rifle with a Tri-Light Scop. - HK-47

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 9:48 pm

Since when can Venusaur OHKO Meganium? Ever? With what move?
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 12:46 am

Sludge Bomb. With STAB and specs (a somewhat common Venusaur set), it's pretty threatening to Meganium. The standard physical wall gets OHKO'd pretty easily by Sludge Bomb. Ofcourse, if it has a +Sp. Def nature and max EVs, it'l be sure to survive it; but only with a little HP left. Then again, Meganium isn't designed to counter Grass types, since it's a grass type itself. The only thing it could do is set up a screen on Venusaur and gtfo.
Back to top Go down
Storm
Storm

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 2:09 am

Could slap it with an Earthquake. Screen set up is what I use Meganium for. Body slam can hinder Venusaur.
Back to top Go down
Dal
Dal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 8:20 am

Well guys, it looks lke your starter does indeed follow you throughout the game.

http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pics.shtml
Back to top Go down
Storm
Storm

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 8:37 am

So, it prolly has something to do with the first poke in your party? Thats the only conclusion I can come up with that seems logical. The first poke in your party will be first to battle, and therefore would be following you. Thatd be cool to have a feralikgatr folllowing you around. Or a Gyarados. Razz
Back to top Go down
Twizdid
Admin
Twizdid

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 9:03 am

Storm wrote:
Thatd be cool to have a feralikgatr folllowing you around. Or a Gyarados. Razz
Or a legend that's supposed to be huge compared to you.
Back to top Go down
Storm
Storm

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 5:31 pm

Yea. That would be pretty cool. But, if you remember from Red, Blue, and Yellow, all the legends were only the size of the player when you encountered them. Same thing in Fire Red and Leaf Green.
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 7:20 pm

It's only your partner poke that follows you, ya know. It'l probably still follow you around when it's evolved, but otherwise I doubt other pokes will be enabled to follow you. It just seems a bit pointless to put so much work into such a trivial feature, no?

Not that I'm saying it wouldn't be badass to have a Lucario following you around. Razz
Back to top Go down
Storm
Storm

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 10:32 pm

Lolz at Lucario.

Yea, but alot of fans enjoyed the "Pikachu" following you in yellow version. Like you said, prolly only your starter will follow, but even then, thats cool to me. Makes you feel not so much alone. Razz Idk. When I played through Yellow, I only trained Pikachu. Exclusively. He was a good help against alot of the gyms though, except for Misty and her F**king Starmie...

I got my Pika to lv 70 when I fought the elite four. Smashed all of them, including Brock (I used Pkmn Stadium to get Pikachu with Surf)
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 7:43 pm

... Brock isn't in the E4. You're thinking of Bruno. Razz Pikachu also should of helped beat the Cerulean gym rather easily, atleast if it knew Thunderbolt.
Back to top Go down
Storm
Storm

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 3:53 am

I was thinking Bruno. [facepalm]

Pikachu only knew Thundershock till level 25 when he learns Thunderbolt. I wasnt gonna waste my time gettin him that high. I got the Bulbasaur at lvl 15 and creamed Misty
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next