PokeChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PokeChat

Welcome to PokeChat. For both Pokemaniacs and occasional players! (Currently spam-free! ..For now.)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!

Go down 
+6
bigwillly
Gbj153
Fox
Storm
Dal
Splash_King
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

(Read first post before voting) Which game will you buy?
Heart Gold
Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 4 I_vote_lcap27%Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 27% [ 4 ]
Soul Silver
Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 4 I_vote_lcap33%Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 5 ]
Spirit Crystal
Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 4 I_vote_lcap33%Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 5 ]
Neither, I couldn't care less
Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 4 I_vote_lcap7%Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
Shadow*91
Shadow*91

Male Posts : 227
Location : My house....nothing but a cardboard shack with electricity.
Mood : BORED! SAVE ME FROM BOREDOM!
Something random : Check out my RP! The Order in the Roleplaying sub-forum.
PokeCoins : 596

Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 5:35 am

can't wait to kill Red. that bastard is going down.

i wonder if he's still just a one fight trainer like last time. i'd love to be able to face him endlessly
Back to top Go down
J
J

Male Posts : 132
Mood : The Grim Heaper
Something random : Daisukenojo
PokeCoins : 411

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 10:34 pm

TheOriginalOne-CK wrote:

Red and Blue are NOT Ash and Gary, the video game characters are based off of the manga characters. ... Or vice versa. I'm pretty sure the games came before the manga.

I've had this same argument recently, but I'll just sum it up.

Red was before Ash, and Ash is based on Red (I believe). but Yellow is the only game based on Ash.
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

Female Posts : 604
Mood : Splashing
Something random : Magikarps - YOU LIEK THAM?
PokeCoins : 1491

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 6:55 am

Mist wrote:

I've had this same argument recently, but I'll just sum it up.

Red was before Ash, and Ash is based on Red (I believe). but Yellow is the only game based on Ash.

Correct. ... That makes me want to bring up a good question, though...

Why are main characters named after colors, metals, etc.? It lacks creativity; although it is original, you don't see main characters named so blandly in other manga series'.
Back to top Go down
Dal
Dal

Male Posts : 348
Mood : That depends...
Something random : Just remember this: take the blue pill.
PokeCoins : 970

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 8:49 am

Well, CK, most Manga series don't have over 10 games made from them. It'd be pretty annoying to continue to come up with new names everytime there's a new game.
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 8:21 am

I can see the point in that, but I doubt that's the driving reason behind such dull naming practices...

Perhaps it has to do with the fact pokemon, being directed at kids, would need easy names to remember. The names of colors or objects is simple, so maybe that influenced their decisions on the character names?

Aside from that, I wouldn't have a clue...
Back to top Go down
Shadow*91
Shadow*91

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 10:18 am

the Platinum girl is named Platina. i think thats the most creative they've gotten with main characters in the manga
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 3:48 pm

HGGS news update on Serebii!

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Although the scan isn't 100% confirmed, a scan shows that the main RSE legends are returning in HG and GS. After beating the E4, depending on the game, either Kyogre or Groudon will be catchable. Kyogre is exclusive to HG (which gives me incentive to buy HG first), while Groudon is SS exclusive.

Another nice tidbit is that if you have both Groudon and Kyogre on either version, you'll have access to Rayquaza. Seems like they're bringing back old legends in the newer games, eh?

This is pure speculation, but it might hint to other legendaries returning in HG/GS. After all, we got 6 returning legends in Platinum. ... Then again, we did have Regigigas, which is intended to be connected to the other 3 regis. So perhaps that's more doubtful than I originally thought.
Back to top Go down
Dal
Dal

Male Posts : 348
Mood : That depends...
Something random : Just remember this: take the blue pill.
PokeCoins : 970

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 4:55 am

Wait.... wasn't the rival in G/S/C a guy? If so, then I wonder why they made him a girl...

Unless, of course, he is just a very feminine guy...
Back to top Go down
Shadow*91
Shadow*91

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 4:59 am

feminine dude.

you forgot to mention something CK. if you transfer the Movie 12 Arceus, you unlock areas to get a lvl 1 Dialga, Palkia and Giratina.

i wonder if the each come with their orbs?
Back to top Go down
Storm
Storm

Male Posts : 416
Mood : MYAW! The King Has Returned
Something random : Definition of Love: Making a shot to the kneecap of a target 120 Kilometers away using an Aratech SD Sniper Rifle with a Tri-Light Scop. - HK-47
PokeCoins : 1240

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 5:15 am

Ya know what would be epic? After Kanto you get to go to Sinnoh, or Hoenn.
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 12:34 pm

Shadow*91 wrote:
you forgot to mention something CK. if you transfer the Movie 12 Arceus, you unlock areas to get a lvl 1 Dialga, Palkia and Giratina.

Ah, I most of forgot to edit that into my post... I only put that on wiichat, sorry.

But who cares! More news! Very Happy Apparently there's going to be a Jirachi event in Japan on June 19th. It'l be level 5, but more importantly, it'l have some exclusive moves. Even more importantly, it'l unlock a special new area in HGGS, which is epic. They're really going all out with legends not normally in the game, eh? I hope we get to see more soon. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shadow*91
Shadow*91

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 10:31 pm

all thats left are the three birds, the Mews, Latias & Latios, Deoxsys, the 4 Regis, Heatran and Cressalia (i don't count scRotom)
Back to top Go down
Storm
Storm

Something random : Definition of Love: Making a shot to the kneecap of a target 120 Kilometers away using an Aratech SD Sniper Rifle with a Tri-Light Scop. - HK-47

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 11:23 pm

Well if you go to Kanto, id assume they include the birds and Mewtwo.
Back to top Go down
Shadow*91
Shadow*91

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 11:39 pm

they didn't in the original
Back to top Go down
Storm
Storm

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 11:51 pm

They didnt? I thought they did... hmmm... you sure? I coulde sworn they did.
Back to top Go down
Shadow*91
Shadow*91

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 2:10 am

nope.
Seafoam islands was the Cinnabar gym cause the volcano destroyed the island. Articuno's home, he left
the Power Plant was actually in use. Zapdos home, he left
in R/B/Y Moltres was in Victory Road. he just wasn't there in G/S/C
in FR/LG Moltres was on One Island. that place didn't exist in G/S/C so he wasn't there either.
Ceruleon Cave had collapsed in G/S/C. Mewtwo's home, he left

those are the Kanto legends, not one to be found in G/S/C
(Mew was and is event only so i didn't include him)
Back to top Go down
Storm
Storm

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 2:55 am

Ah. I had forgotten. I havent played GSC in such a long time....
Back to top Go down
IrOnY
IrOnY

Mood : I love my girlfriend =]
Something random : ...........tacos
PokeCoins : 65

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 7:13 am

Storm wrote:
I havent played GSC in such a long time....

Who has? =p
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 7:35 am

I played through my Crystal only a few months ago. Razz
Back to top Go down
Storm
Storm

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 8:00 am

Ass. lolz. Not everyone is as good at keeping hold of their old games as you CK. lolz. I cant wait for this to come out though. Its gonna be excellent.
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 8:20 am

Actually, I bought a new Crystal on the internet. Razz Never owned Crystal before, and my old Yellow and Gold timed out, along with their save files... DX
Back to top Go down
Storm
Storm

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 8:23 am

Damn. Your commited. lolz. Still, Soul Silver is gonna be epic.
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 2:42 pm

*copypasta from Wiichat*

More epic HGGS news! Very Happy

New scans show that more pokemon than your starter will follow you throughout the game! These pokemon include Wobbuffet, Kecleon, and Steelix. Apparently, all 493 pokemon (even Arceus! Very Happy) can follow you. Sounds like an epic side feature to me, eh?

But wait, it gets even better! By far the best news yet! Kanto is now confirmed for HGGS!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy We all feared it not being in the game, but it indeed is. Huzzah! Very Happy I'm sure all GSC fans will be excited to hear this news, eh?

There's even more minor news, though. This probably won't be japan exclusive, but when you preorder HGGS, you'll receive a Ho-Oh or Lugia figure for the appropriate game. However, if you preorder both, you get an ARCEUS figure. Arceus is win. Razz Just a nice tidbit to know. They've gotten rather generous with promotional junk lately, eh?

There's more news on the Jirachi as well. It'l be able to be gotten on all of DPP; Platinum or not. It's also confirmed the Jirachi will be gotten through wi-fi, which means if the same is true for the US, Diamond and Pearl will utilize their wi-fi mystery gift feature, rather than just Platinum (which I was suspecting as a possibility for awhile).

There's EVEN more, though. The Jirachi will be holding a Liechi Berry, and know the moves Rest, Confusion, Wish, and the exclusive move I mentioned earlier; Draco Meteor. Not only is it a great move, but for competitive battling, it could be very important. Jirachi does NOT get Ice Beam, only Ice Punch. This means he can pummel Dragons (although not grounds) with Draco Meteor on special sets, giving him many possible new movesets. It's about time exclusive moves are getting very useful in gen 4, eh?

There's also one last minor note; it seems the pokedex and box menus have been changed a bit, and are now more touch screen based. ... I hope the item menu gets a similar change.

Lots of news for one update, eh?
Back to top Go down
Storm
Storm

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 5:07 pm

Excellent. I do recall myself posting that it may be cool if they let the first poke in your party follow you around. I think this is really cool, but I hate being right all the time.
Back to top Go down
IrOnY
IrOnY

Mood : I love my girlfriend =]
Something random : ...........tacos
PokeCoins : 65

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 5:35 pm

This is epic. They're going all out on this. Good Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!   Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver confirmed!
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next