PokeChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PokeChat

Welcome to PokeChat. For both Pokemaniacs and occasional players! (Currently spam-free! ..For now.)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pokemon Riddles

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gbj153
Gbj153

Female Posts : 186
Mood : OMFG my fan spontaniously burst into flames! WTF?!!!
Something random : GOT RICE BI*CH?!
PokeCoins : 585

Pokemon Riddles Empty
PostSubject: Pokemon Riddles   Pokemon Riddles I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 8:03 pm

Here are some pokemon riddles and I need help to get them right. Post the answer and why it is.

Easy:

Risky business, but only in name,
Once known as happy, still easy to tame.
If good health and power is your ultimate wish,
Treat it with kindness, and you shall know bliss.

Medium:

Witty and smart, incredibly sly.
Like the rest of my brethren, I am quite shy.
Not fire or water or even lightning,
No snowflake or leaf blade, nor even a wing.
To grow, my cousins, they need a stone,
for what I can do with experience alone.
They're known for their tales and their tails
But only with one, I do just as well.
In the dim light of dusk, it's when I eat my fill,
not yet part of darkness, but one day I will.

Hard:

Just you and me. Just riddle and rhyme.
I'll lay it all out, no tricks this time.
The 'mon that you seek is found, incredibly, phat.
You heard right, that's where it's at.
Skip the tail of a turkey and shaggy mane,
Look for something else, almost the same.
Spy more than one, thats it you've got!
Actually, and on second thought,
I'll give one more hint, since you're so near,
showing fruit for half the year.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Twizdid
Admin
Twizdid

Female Posts : 242
Mood : Breaking the habit, praying for some help
Something random : iUberXlyPwnUN3wbishly
PokeCoins : 540

Pokemon Riddles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Riddles   Pokemon Riddles I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 6:31 am

1. Chansey - Used to be Happy, Happiny, you shall know Bliss, Blissey
2. Eevee? Wait dunno if you NEED a stone for that..
Wait.. Ninetails or the first Ev of it? ARG I'm stupid.. - Idiot guesses

3. Too hard lawl
Back to top Go down
http://pokechat.omgforum.net
Storm
Storm

Male Posts : 416
Mood : MYAW! The King Has Returned
Something random : Definition of Love: Making a shot to the kneecap of a target 120 Kilometers away using an Aratech SD Sniper Rifle with a Tri-Light Scop. - HK-47
PokeCoins : 1240

Pokemon Riddles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Riddles   Pokemon Riddles I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 6:39 am

1: Chansey. Easy.
2: I dunno yet.
3: Exeggutor. No wait, Tropius?
Back to top Go down
Shadow*91
Shadow*91

Male Posts : 227
Location : My house....nothing but a cardboard shack with electricity.
Mood : BORED! SAVE ME FROM BOREDOM!
Something random : Check out my RP! The Order in the Roleplaying sub-forum.
PokeCoins : 596

Pokemon Riddles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Riddles   Pokemon Riddles I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 11:42 am

1 is Chansey. Twiz got it exactly

2 is eevee. it mentions stones, fire(Flareon), water(Vaporeon FTW!), lightning(Jolteon), snowflake(Glaceon), leaf blade(Leafoen), dim light of dusk(Espeon evolves in day), part of darkness(Umbreon evolves in night)

3 is either Tropius or Exegutor i think
Back to top Go down
Gbj153
Gbj153

Pokemon Riddles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Riddles   Pokemon Riddles I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 8:45 pm

I sumitted my answers and here was the results
Easy: chansey - correct Smile
Medium: Eevee - incorrect Sad
Hard: Snorlax - incorrect Sad

I'll post the answers once they get announced sunday
Back to top Go down
Shadow*91
Shadow*91

Male Posts : 227
Location : My house....nothing but a cardboard shack with electricity.
Mood : BORED! SAVE ME FROM BOREDOM!
Something random : Check out my RP! The Order in the Roleplaying sub-forum.
PokeCoins : 596

Pokemon Riddles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Riddles   Pokemon Riddles I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 8:55 pm

2 wasn't eevee? wow then i got no clue
Back to top Go down
Storm
Storm

Male Posts : 416
Mood : MYAW! The King Has Returned
Something random : Definition of Love: Making a shot to the kneecap of a target 120 Kilometers away using an Aratech SD Sniper Rifle with a Tri-Light Scop. - HK-47
PokeCoins : 1240

Pokemon Riddles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Riddles   Pokemon Riddles I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 9:51 pm

Why did you think three was Snorlax?
Back to top Go down
Gbj153
Gbj153

Pokemon Riddles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Riddles   Pokemon Riddles I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 8:13 pm

Risky business, but only in name,
Once known as happy, still easy to tame.
If good health and power is your ultimate wish,
Treat it with kindness, and you shall know bliss.

I'm happy to say that most people got this one right. The first line directs you to the names of Pokemon, saying that it is “risky business”. The second line says that it was once known as happy, and the last line says that if you treat it with kindness, you will know bliss. The answer here is Chansey, because it evolves from Happiny (the second line), chancy, which sounds like its name, is synonymous with risky, and it evolves into Blissey if you treat it well (the last line).

Chansey are also known for having a goo demeanor around people, which is why they work at Pokemon Centers. The entire evolution line is also known for having high hp and being relatively strong.

Now for the medium riddle:

Witty and smart, incredibly sly.
Like the rest of my brethren, I am quite shy.
Not fire or water or even lightning,
No snowflake or leaf blade, nor even a wing.
To grow, my cousins, they need a stone,
for what I can do with experience alone.
They're known for their tales and their tails
But only with one, I do just as well.
In the dim light of dusk, it's when I eat my fill,
not yet part of darkness, but one day I will.

If you begin by looking at the first few lines, you will see that what you are looking for is something that is intelligent and shy. The third and fourth line are basically saying that it isn't fire, water, lightning, ice, grass or flying types. Well, technically the fourth line says it doesn't have snowflakes, leaf blades, or wings. Either way you interpret it, it eliminates a rather large portion of Pokemon. The next two lines say that this thing's “cousins” need a stone, but it can grow (or evolve as the case may be) with experience alone. So, you're looking for something similar to a Pokemon that needs a stone to evolve. They're known for their tales, and their tails. This, combined with the previous clues should immediately make you start thinking of foxes. They appear very often in storytelling and are always depicted as being very smart/sly, and, in oriental tales, as having multiple tails. Furthermore, both Vulpix and Eevee can evolve by stone.

Okay, so now you know you're looking for a fox, but as the next line says, it is a fox with only one tail. Also, it is a fox that evolves through experience. However, neither Vulpix, which was ruled out for being fire type, nor Eevee evolve through experience. Eevee evolves either through stones, leveling next to a stone, or happiness. Wait, those are the only two fox Pokemon, and they've been ruled out. How can this be? Actually, those are not the only two fox Pokemon. On Alternia, there is one more line of foxes that can be found. If you look in our Pokedex, you will see that their final evolution is dark type and that the basic form come out to eat at dusk, which fits with the last two lines. So, the answer is Velix.

I made this riddle, because I wanted to see fakemon treated more like legitimate Pokemon on the site. Barely anything is ever done with the fakemon, so I wanted to include one in the Riddler. This would give somebody the chance to get one. I honestly thought more people would get this right, considering how many asked me last week if fakemon were included. My response was, of course, that any Alternian Pokemon could be an answer. Anyway, onto the hard:

Just you and me. Just riddle and rhyme.
I'll lay it all out, no tricks this time.
The 'mon that you seek is found, incredibly, phat.
You heard right, that's where it's at.
Skip the tail of a turkey and shaggy mane,
Look for something else, almost the same.
Spy more than one, thats it you've got!
Actually, and on second thought,
I'll give one more hint, since you're so near,
showing fruit for half the year.

Riddles can be hard, because there is a subtle “trick” to them, or because they require specific knowledge. This is not an example of the former, as stated by the first two lines. The next pair of lines needs to be read very carefully. The third line can be a little ambiguous. The purpose of the fourth line is to clear up that ambiguity, and is meant to be taken literally. It's not saying that the Pokemon is “cool”, it's saying that that is where it is found: a phat. What is a phat? Well, according to google search's “define:” function, and some research papers published on the web, a phat is a shallow marsh. So, the Pokemon that you are looking for is found in a marsh.

But, what's all this about the tail of a turkey and the shaggy mane? You want something that's similar. More often than not, if something doesn't make sense in a riddle, then the best place to look for is the Internet. If you google both shaggy mane and turkey tail together, the first link that comes up is one about the shaggy mane and turkey tail mushrooms. So, you're looking for a Pokemon associated with mushrooms. The next line tells you you've got it when you spy more than one. The only Pokemon that has more than one mushroom is Paras.

Now, about the last line, your extra hint as it is referred to in the riddle. The Pokedex entry for Paras states that it has Tochukaso mushrooms on its back. After doing a little research, I found that these are parasitic mushrooms that fruit for half of the year. The part that comes out of the ground is called, among other things, the fruit of the mushroom.

Direct copy & paste
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pokemon Riddles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Riddles   Pokemon Riddles I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Riddles
Page 1 of 1