PokeChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PokeChat

Welcome to PokeChat. For both Pokemaniacs and occasional players! (Currently spam-free! ..For now.)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The "What's your team?" thread!

Go down 
+9
J
Twizdid
bigwillly
Fox
Shadow*91
Porygon-Ultimate
Dal
Storm
Splash_King
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Splash_King
Splash_King

Female Posts : 604
Mood : Splashing
Something random : Magikarps - YOU LIEK THAM?
PokeCoins : 1491

The "What's your team?" thread! Empty
PostSubject: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 4:30 am

Hey, welcome to the (self proclaimed) official "What's your team?" thread! Post whatever team you're currently using, or one you used in the past if you can remember. Whether you're out to get your team rated by your fellow members, or just want bragging rights for an epic team, this is the place. And ofcourse, there's no limitations to the team you post. You want a Magikarp on your team? Works for me (LOL). Use legendaries? No problem. Just post away! Very Happy Also, if you want to get your team rated or get advice, remember to say what moves you have, as well as the item you're using on your pokemon!

And ofcourse, I'll start things off. This is my specialized team for singles battles (I use two different teams for singles and doubles).

Azelf
Weavile
Salamence
Infernape
Metagross
Gengar

If anyone's interested in the team specifics (items, moves, etc.), feel free to ask and I'll post them for you.
Back to top Go down
Storm
Storm

Male Posts : 416
Mood : MYAW! The King Has Returned
Something random : Definition of Love: Making a shot to the kneecap of a target 120 Kilometers away using an Aratech SD Sniper Rifle with a Tri-Light Scop. - HK-47
PokeCoins : 1240

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 6:02 am

Definately CK, i dont think ive actually seen your team before.

My current team is as follows:

Aerodactyl:
Life Orb;
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Ice Fang
Crunch

Dewgong:
Damp Rock
Rest
Brine
Ice Beam
Rain Dance

Armaldo:
Scope Lens
Brick Break
X-Scizzor
Stone Edge
Earthquake

Sceptile:
Choice Scarf;
Drain Punch
X-Scizzor
Giga Drain
Leaf Storm

Slowbro:
Wave Incense;
Calm Mind
Slack Off
Psychic
Surf

Magnezone:
Thunder Plate;
Flash Cannon
Discharge
Rain Dance
Explosion

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 6:23 am

Dewgong, eh? Now that's a rare sight in OU. You win huge points for originality and balls, using UUs and BLs in such abundance. I don't know junk about half those pokes, I can't really give an opinion, lol. Anyways, since you asked, here's my team details.

Azelf @ Focus Sash, Naive nature. 252 EVs Sp. Atk/Spe

Purpose: Suicide lead, setting up Stealth Rock

Moveset:
Stealth Rock
Psychic
Explosion
Taunt

Weavile @ Choice Band, Jolly Nature, 252 EVs Atk, 40 EVs HP, 216 EVs Spe

Purpose: Countering my sweeper's counters, hitting hard early game

Moveset:
Pursuit
Night Slash
Ice Shard
Brick Break

Salamence @ Choice Specs, Modest Nature, 252 EVs Sp. Atk/Spe, 4 EVs HP

Purpose: Hitting very hard early game, Dragon Pulse sweeping late game if necesarry

Moveset:
Draco Meteor
Dragon Pulse
Flamethrower
Hydro Pump

Infernape @ Life Orb, Hasty Nature, can't remember EVs

Purpose: Late game sweeping only

Moveset:
Nasty Plot
Close Combat
Flamethrower
Grass Knot

Metagross @ Occa Berry, Adamant, can't remember EVs. Primarily defenses and HP, some attack.

Purpose: Use as a supporter and utility, also a semi-tank.

Moveset:
Reflect
Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Explosion

Gengar @ Life Orb, Hasty, 252 EVs Sp. Atk/Spe, 4 EVs HP

Purpose: Varied sweeper and status inducer, backup sweeper if needed

Moveset:
Hypnosis
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
Thunderbolt

Whew.. that took awhile to type out. Well, there it is. My newest team.
Back to top Go down
Storm
Storm

Something random : Definition of Love: Making a shot to the kneecap of a target 120 Kilometers away using an Aratech SD Sniper Rifle with a Tri-Light Scop. - HK-47

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 6:32 am

Awesome team dude. lol, thanks for sayin i got balls. Dewgong works remarkably well, in this team at least.

Aerodactyl: Purpose: Lead, early Hard Hitter, Mixed Attacker
Life Orb;
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Ice Fang
Crunch

Dewgong: Semi-Wall/Staller. Dancing Sleeper.
Damp Rock
Rest
Brine
Ice Beam
Rain Dance

Armaldo: Mixed Hard Hitting Attacker.
Scope Lens
Brick Break
X-Scizzor
Stone Edge
Earthquake

Sceptile: Sweeper, part wall due to HP draining moves.
Choice Scarf;
Drain Punch
X-Scizzor
Giga Drain
Leaf Storm

Slowbro: Wall, Special Sweeper.
Wave Incense;
Calm Mind
Slack Off
Psychic
Surf

Magnezone: Special Sweeper. Dancing Explosion.
Thunder Plate;
Flash Cannon
Discharge
Rain Dance
Explosion

You see CK, I like using Dewgong very much. That Hydration ability is nasty. Basically, I use Rest when its raining, Dewgong gets all his health back, and then he wakes up due to Hydration. Excellent stuff, plus for some reason, his defenses work well, plus he can hit relatively hard.
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 6:42 am

Ya, Hydra-rest is a very common strategy, it's the only reason Dewgong's worth it IMO. Manaphy makes devious use of it with Calm Mind and it's great stat distribution in ubers. Dewgong's defenses are pretty good, I'd say. But honestly, Dewgong doesn't hit all that hard. I think the only way it'd hit hard is with it's Surf in the rain.

You know, if you put Thunder onto Magnezone, you'd get more mileage out of it. Nevermiss in the rain, and it has 60 more power than Discharge. You do have good synergy on your team btw, Sceptile takes care of waters that try to use your rain dance against you, and takes less fire damage in the rain too. and Slowbro gets a much needed Surf boost, helps him sweep.
Back to top Go down
Storm
Storm

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 6:48 am

Thanks. Oh D! I forgot the accuracy boost for Thunder in the rain! Btw, Discharge is 80%. I was actually thinking of exchanging Explosion for Thunder, since Magnezone's attack is crap anyway.
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 6:52 am

Yeah, I know. Discharge has 80%, Thunder has 120%. 40% difference. Factor in STAB, and that's a 60% difference.

You should probably just place thunder over Discharge. They both have the same paralysis rate, 60% more Base Power on Thunder, Thunder still has a good 10 PP, and explosion is good as a last ditch move. Remember, explosion halfs the enemy's defense during damage calcs, so it can hit pretty hard sometimes. That, and you can always put a dent in a Blissey or something.
Back to top Go down
Storm
Storm

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 7:04 am

Very true...thanks CK!
Back to top Go down
Dal
Dal

Male Posts : 348
Mood : That depends...
Something random : Just remember this: take the blue pill.
PokeCoins : 970

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 7:54 am

Behold! My FireRed team PLUS two new trainees (Forma and Pupitar) from Diamond!

The "What's your team?" thread! Dpiconani137
Name: Forma (Porygon)
Level: 29
HP: 85 | Attack: 44 | Defense: 52 | Sp. Atk: 61 | Sp. Def: 58 | Speed: 35
Nature: Calm
Moveset: Psychic, Conversion, Signal Beam, and Psybeam.

The "What's your team?" thread! Dpiconani247
Name: Pupitar
Level: 31
HP: 90 | Attack: 58 | Defense: 51 | Sp. Atk: 49 | Sp. Def: 55 | Speed: 44
Nature: Quirky
Moveset: Bite, Thrash, Dark Pulse, and Rock Slide.

The "What's your team?" thread! Dpiconani009
Name: Blastoise
Level: 64
HP: 198 | Attack: 132 | Defense: 169 | Sp. Atk: 134 | Sp. Def: 159 | Speed: 132
Nature: Impish
Moveset: Bite, Earthquake, Water Pulse, and Surf.

The "What's your team?" thread! Dpiconani057
Name: Primeape
Level: 63
HP: 170 | Attack: 163 | Defense: 111 | Sp. Atk: 99 | Sp. Def: 91 | Speed: 158
Nature: Naughty
Moveset: Karate Chop, Aerial Ace, Brick Break, and Dig.

The "What's your team?" thread! Dpiconani144
Name: Articuno
Level: 60
HP: 187 | Attack: 134 | Defense: 138 | Sp. Atk: 133 | Sp. Def: 149 | Speed: 141
Nature: Naive
Moveset: Fly, Ice Beam, Mind Reader, and Blizzard.

The "What's your team?" thread! Dpiconani150
Name: Mewtwo
Level: 70
HP: 233 | Attack: 172 | Defense: 167 | Sp. Atk: 237 | Sp. Def: 136 | Speed: 205
Nature: Lax
Moveset: Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, Psychic, and Hyper Beam.
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 7:57 am

Lol.. Forma.

You know, if the IVs are good that Naive Articuno might be valuable.. not all that valuable, though.
Back to top Go down
Dal
Dal

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 7:59 am

TheOriginalOne-CK wrote:
Lol.. Forma.

You know, if the IVs are good that Naive Articuno might be valuable.. not all that valuable, though.
Explain for someone who doesn't know too many Pokemon terms, please.
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 8:16 am

Oh, uh.. right. Here's a link... too exhausted to explain logically. IV = Individual Values. Individual Values = ... this.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/IV
Back to top Go down
Dal
Dal

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 8:27 am

Erm... sooo... Any suggestions for my team?
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 2:50 am

Well, I recently finished designing my competitive battling team for Platinum.. Not sure how it'l fare. It's pretty experimental, especially at this point in time, and ofcourse, the pokes' movesets aren't completed yet. Nearly done leveling everything up, so once I can get to Platinum's Battle Frontier, gain some BP, and teach them their tutor moves, the team's all ready. Wewt.
Back to top Go down
Dal
Dal

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 5:51 am

I'll take that as a no.

So far, my team for Platinum is:

Porygon-Z
Flygon
Tyranitar
Slaking
Gengar
HM Slave
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 6:25 am

Correct, that is a no. ..Sorry Dal. >_>;

But I do have advice for that team, this time.

The biggest problem is your gigantic 3x fighting weakness, one of which is 4x(TTar), having 3 fighting weaknesses is literally insanity, one immunity doesn't really cut it. To a lesser extent, you have no resists to your Ice and Dragon weaknesses, and not having an Ice resist meaning protecting Flygon is pretty difficult. A dragon type could easily sweep your team as well. Tackling these weakness problems is very important.
Back to top Go down
Dal
Dal

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 4:17 pm

Yes, I noticed my Fighting weakness. Do you know a good Pokemon with good defenses (and not too hard to find) that can replace Slaking? Also, Bibarel will be replaced for an actual useful Pokemon. What should I get to fill its place?
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 3:36 am

Dal wrote:
I'll take that as a no.

So far, my team for Platinum is:

Porygon-Z
Flygon
Tyranitar
Slaking
Gengar
HM Slave

There's quite a few walls/tanks that you could use to stop fighting pokes. Weezing could be a good choice, with his only weakness no longer existant due to Levitate and a fighting resist, he's a sturdy wall. The main reason to use him is for his move will-o-wisp though, since it halves an enemy's attack. The problem is that Infernape decimates him, one of the most popular fighting types ...

Another option is Dusknoir, who has an immunity to fighting completely. He also gets Will-O-Wisp, and Pain Split, just like Weezing. He also has a higher defense stat, and with a low HP stat, he can abuse Pain Split on a high HP pokemon. The problem is that you already have a ghost type, and Lucario can trash him with crunch - who is the most popular fighting type late game sweeper.

Another option would be Cresselia as well, she's even bulkier than Dusknoir and has access to tons of crippling support moves like Thunderwave, as well as a few offensive options to kill 4x weak pokemon like Gyara against Thunderbolt or Dragons against Ice Beam. She ofcourse resists fighting, but Heracross can rip her apart with Megahorn, and Heracross in general just kills this team with a fighting move/bug move.

... Uh ... wow, this team really has few good options for a wall with a fighting resist.. Well, there's also Gliscor, one of the best wallers of fighting types in the game. He also has a reliable healing move, and has some utility in moves such as baton pass or stealth rock. Problem is he shares a 4x weakness to ice with Flygon, so if you use him, it's recomended you really get a good steel type that resist Dragon and Ice inplace of Bibarel. The only problem is that he's smacked around by Lucario with Ice Punch, but a steel type hampers Lucario anyways.

So yeah, if you do use Gliscor(which is probably the best I suggested - although there are other options for walls), use a steel type instead of your HM slave. Something like Metagross or Bronzong would be a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Dal
Dal

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 7:29 am

Hmm... so my team should be:

Porygon-Z
Flygon
Tyranitar
Gengar
Weezing/Dusknoir/Cresselia/Gliscor
Bronzong/Metagross
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 5:04 am

Yeah, it could go like that. It doesn't have to be Bronzong or Metagross in the last slot though, just a solid steel type would do well, nothing like Aggron or Mawile though.
Back to top Go down
Porygon-Ultimate

PokeCoins : 4

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 11:03 pm

My team:
Porygon-Z,
Garchomp,
Salamence,
Palkia,
Mewtwo,
Dragoonite.

Which Pokemon should I trade for Deoxys?
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 5:52 am

Lol, Porygon-Z obviously. In an uber match Porygon-Z won't stand a chance, at all. Atleast Deoxys-A has 100 more sp. atk to smash things with, as well as much more speed.

Dragonite also should be replaced by Rayquaza, btw. You'd be much better off replacing Salamence for Kyogre as well, giving it synergy with Mewtwo, Palkia, and Deoxys-A.
Back to top Go down
Shadow*91
Shadow*91

Male Posts : 227
Location : My house....nothing but a cardboard shack with electricity.
Mood : BORED! SAVE ME FROM BOREDOM!
Something random : Check out my RP! The Order in the Roleplaying sub-forum.
PokeCoins : 596

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 9:22 am

i would like some help with this set. its meant to be as strong as i can get without going uber. i need item and moveset help

Tyranitar
EQ
Stone Edge
Aqua Tail
????

Metagross
Meteor Mash
Psychic
????
????

Garchomp
Draco Meteor
Fire Fang
Dragon Dance?
EQ?

Salamence
Flamethrower
Dragon Pulse
Draco Meteor
????

Empoleon
Swords Dance?
Aqua Jet/Waterfall?
????
????

Electavire?
Cross Chop
Thunderpunch
Ice Punch
Fire Punch

or

Magmortar?
Flamethrower
Focus Blast
????
????

not sure which of the two to use for my #6.
any help would be appreciated
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 9:34 am

Garchomp is le uber, Shadow. Razz He got booted to the uber tier a few months ago. ... I miss my chomp! DX You'll have to kick him out. Also, just for confirmation, Garchomp doesn't learn Dragon Dance. If he did, that'd be freakin' scary though, seriously.

Anyways, don't you still want the Platinum team I've been creating? All you need to do is decide whether you want infernape to be physical/special/mixed and I'm done, you know.
Back to top Go down
Shadow*91
Shadow*91

Male Posts : 227
Location : My house....nothing but a cardboard shack with electricity.
Mood : BORED! SAVE ME FROM BOREDOM!
Something random : Check out my RP! The Order in the Roleplaying sub-forum.
PokeCoins : 596

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 10:11 am

wait....what?

and Chomp be uber? damn...hes good and all but i wouldn't say uber good. Ice beam=dead
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The "What's your team?" thread!
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next