PokeChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PokeChat

Welcome to PokeChat. For both Pokemaniacs and occasional players! (Currently spam-free! ..For now.)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The "What's your team?" thread!

Go down 
+9
J
Twizdid
bigwillly
Fox
Shadow*91
Porygon-Ultimate
Dal
Storm
Splash_King
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Dal
Dal

Male Posts : 348
Mood : That depends...
Something random : Just remember this: take the blue pill.
PokeCoins : 970

The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 9:34 pm

Shadow*91 wrote:
he'll go BOOM before TR. Start off with your Dusknoir and Azelf. Azelf go BOOM, and Dusknoir is safe to TR
I see... just like I was going to do with Electrode.
Back to top Go down
Fox
Fox

Male Posts : 144
Mood : Superior
Something random : Murkrow=GOD
PokeCoins : 454

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 9:59 pm

Electrode is faster than Azelf, but Azelf makes for a better explosion.
However, your strategy is so obvious, Dal. A ghost coupled with something that explodes. They'll be switching to their ghosts and steels right off the bat, if they didnt start them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wiichat.com
Splash_King
Splash_King

Female Posts : 604
Mood : Splashing
Something random : Magikarps - YOU LIEK THAM?
PokeCoins : 1491

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 10:11 pm

Atleast you'll get free switches, and will be able to bring in a check against those pokes once Azelf's down. Dusknoir effectively handles the faster ghosts, and Rhyperior smashes Steel/Rock types.

Although yes, the strategy is blatantly obvious. It's why my own TR team uses a different strategy.
Back to top Go down
Storm
Storm

Male Posts : 416
Mood : MYAW! The King Has Returned
Something random : Definition of Love: Making a shot to the kneecap of a target 120 Kilometers away using an Aratech SD Sniper Rifle with a Tri-Light Scop. - HK-47
PokeCoins : 1240

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 3:07 am

Whats 4 times resistant to EQ?

EDIT: This is the TR team ive been experimenting with. Advice/ comments?

Dusknoir @ Adamant + Life Orb

~ Trick Room

~ Thunderpunch

~ Ice Punch

~ Fire Punch

Bronzong @ Adamant + Leftovers

~ Trick Room

~ Hypnosis

~ Gyro Ball

~ Explosion

Rhyperior @ Adamant + Life Orb

~ Earthquake

~ Hammer Arm

~ Megahorn

~ Stone Edge

Snorlax @ Adamant + Sitrus Berry

~ Belly Drum

~ Substitute

~ Body Slam

~ Crunch

Tyranitar @ Modest + Life Orb

~ Thunder Wave

~ Flamethrower

~ Ice Beam

~ Thunderbolt

Rampardos @ Adamant + Leichi Berry

~ Head Smash

~ Zen Headbutt

~ Earthquake

~ Swords Dance
Back to top Go down
Shadow*91
Shadow*91

Male Posts : 227
Location : My house....nothing but a cardboard shack with electricity.
Mood : BORED! SAVE ME FROM BOREDOM!
Something random : Check out my RP! The Order in the Roleplaying sub-forum.
PokeCoins : 596

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 4:11 am

Storm wrote:
as far as i can remember off the top of my head, nothing.
Back to top Go down
Twizdid
Admin
Twizdid

Female Posts : 242
Mood : Breaking the habit, praying for some help
Something random : iUberXlyPwnUN3wbishly
PokeCoins : 540

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 5:59 am

bigwillly wrote:
Twizdid wrote:
I'm not enough of a pokemaniac to post in this thread XD. [/offtopic]

Yet you are admin of a POKEMON forum....hmmm
Oh yeah, cause I knew alot of people (Alot compared to my 5+ fail attempts at making a forum) would join cause every pokemaniac loves a forum all about Pokemon, and all Wiichatters want to murder i0n. XD..
Back to top Go down
http://pokechat.omgforum.net
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 7:38 pm

Twizdid wrote:
and all Wiichatters want to murder i0n. XD..

Except me. Razz He can be unreliable, but he appears whenever we're in dire need. Better than nothing/an admin that gave up completely on the forum, no?

Now then. BACK ON TOPIC! *hint*

Storm wrote:

EDIT: This is the TR team ive been experimenting with. Advice/ comments?

Dusknoir @ Adamant + Life Orb

~ Trick Room

~ Thunderpunch

~ Ice Punch

~ Fire Punch

Bronzong @ Adamant + Leftovers

~ Trick Room

~ Hypnosis

~ Gyro Ball

~ Explosion

Rhyperior @ Adamant + Life Orb

~ Earthquake

~ Hammer Arm

~ Megahorn

~ Stone Edge

Snorlax @ Adamant + Sitrus Berry

~ Belly Drum

~ Substitute

~ Body Slam

~ Crunch

Tyranitar @ Modest + Life Orb

~ Thunder Wave

~ Flamethrower

~ Ice Beam

~ Thunderbolt

Rampardos @ Adamant + Leichi Berry

~ Head Smash

~ Zen Headbutt

~ Earthquake

~ Swords Dance

Modest TTar? I lol'd. Needs moar Adamant.

Is this singles or doubles? And what're the EV spreads, it's detrimental to know. If you're not EV training your pokes and are using a TR team, that's an incredibly bad idea.
Back to top Go down
Storm
Storm

Something random : Definition of Love: Making a shot to the kneecap of a target 120 Kilometers away using an Aratech SD Sniper Rifle with a Tri-Light Scop. - HK-47

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 9:45 pm

They're EV trained, I just figured a Modest TTar would not only be a suprise, but he has good synergy with my team. Plus Sandstorm Sp Def boost. I figured a Special TTar to give my team a bit more variety, due to everything else being attack based, this would give my team a more well rounded feel, plus it would help me in case they pull some physical walls. And T-Wave on TTar, with special moves and all, very unexpected I think. Expect the unexpected, or he will crush you. Besides, his Sp Atk isnt that much worse than his regular attack....

This is singles. Otherwise I would have a more synergetic team.

Ill put up Ev's and IV's in a bit. Tired right now. Boxing tournament about an hour ago.
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 12:40 am

Modest TTar doesn't have enough fire power in order to be used well on a TR team; you need to smash everything as hard as possible as fast as possible. Modest TTar might get one suprise KO, but after that, he'll be dead weight. There are a few slow sp. atkers like Empoleon, use those instead. They usually have better Sp. atk, better STABs, etc.

I'll be waiting for those EV's, then.
Back to top Go down
Storm
Storm

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 2:11 am

One thing first: Hows my Snorlax at a glance? I think its damn scary on a trick room team; Substitute then drum for max attack and throw something like leftovers to recover health or a berry to boost.... something, but not attack or speed.

Scary cuz he can hit anything with nuetral - super effective damage.
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 7:17 pm

Actually, Snorlax can't hit Steel types for nuetral unless they're Psychic/Steel. There are also plenty of other dual types that resist Normal/Dark as well. So... >.>;

It's a very bad idea to have set up pokes on a TR team. Remember, you need 1 turn to switch in Snorlax, another turn to substitute, and one last turn to Belly Drum. Don't substitute, and you risk getting KO'd. Not forgetting it takes up 1 turn to set up TR, that gives you a single measly turn to attack, and then you're wide open to be KO'd by anything; considering Snorlax outruns nothing, lol. If you switch, you lose your Belly Drum boost and can no longer Belly Drum. Drop Snorlax, it's useless with that moveset.

Remember, never have set up pokes on a TR team. It wastes TR turns, and it usually amounts to the opponent losing much less than you did in the process. Always have instant sweepers, preferrably with a Life Orb.

... Oh, and is this team for singles or doubles? I forget. >.>;
Back to top Go down
Storm
Storm

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 10:29 pm

Singles team. So, what would be a good set for Snorlax on this team?
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 7:41 pm

You should probably stray away from Snorlax, 350 atk maximum isn't very much, which can cause TR turn loss due to being underpowered. Normal STAB isn't very threatening on a TR team either. He also misses out on the important moves of Fire Punch and Selfdestruct, since you don't have access to the correct tutors. You can still go with him, but he's the kind of pokemon that has superiors in near every way on a TR team.
Back to top Go down
J
J

Male Posts : 132
Mood : The Grim Heaper
Something random : Daisukenojo
PokeCoins : 411

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 12:24 am

I see you remade this here. I got an emulator+ Platinum, but I'm just starting. I might be getting me a DS (my friend said I could have his, if I found it). But Platinum, is it any good?
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 2:22 am

... Ofcourse Platinum's good. You're playing it, you should know this. Razz

A free DS is kickass. I already have two but I'd be happy to swindle it from a friend, if I only had to find it. eBay ftw. Find it so I can battle you if you get Platinum as well. Razz
Back to top Go down
J
J

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 6:40 am

I can buy a used DS and Platinum, but I don't know if I want to. I want a 360, but a DS sounds lovely. Decisions, decisions.
Back to top Go down
Storm
Storm

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 10:26 pm

Go for the 360. Trust me. DO IT! the only reason I say this is because if your not a competetive battler, Platinum wont do you much other than providing a nice story.
Back to top Go down
J
J

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 10:28 pm

I think I want a DS. I'm not just going to play Plat, and I want a DS.
Back to top Go down
Dal
Dal

Male Posts : 348
Mood : That depends...
Something random : Just remember this: take the blue pill.
PokeCoins : 970

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 12:58 am

You guys should really talk about this somewhere else.
Back to top Go down
J
J

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 1:01 am

We ended it with that. But yes, thank you for pointing that out.

No team yet... Mom wouldn't let me ride with my brother and swing by Gamestop...
Back to top Go down
IrOnY
IrOnY

Mood : I love my girlfriend =]
Something random : ...........tacos
PokeCoins : 65

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 6:34 am

What do you guys think would be better to fill my team, Rampardos, Steelix, or hm slave bibarel?
My team will be:
Infernape
Luxray
Gengar
Garchomp
Tropius (HM slave)

I don't have platinum yet, but I want to brainstorm for a good party
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 9:41 pm

Didn't you already ask that on Wiichat? >.>

An HM slave is obviously needed, since Bibarel holds the necesarry TMs in Surf and Waterfall. The 4 pokes you'll have for battling purposes will be more than enough, trust me. Garchomp is just beastly, Infernape has great type coverage moves, Luxray isn't the best, but it can still fill in type coverage gaps (although it's practically useless if it has the ability Rivalry; make sure you catch a Shinx with Intimidate!), and Gengar hits even harder than Infernape specially.

Point being, your team's perfect as is, slap on Bibarel for convenience and you'll breeze through the story.
Back to top Go down
IrOnY
IrOnY

Mood : I love my girlfriend =]
Something random : ...........tacos
PokeCoins : 65

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 8:34 pm

Ok. Sorry to ask =p It's just that they seemed really cool to have on a party. Something was telling me I needed them =p oh well. Well I won't get a DS until my birthday next month, and I'll have to buy platinum later =p
But I'll keep it the way I planned, thanx
Back to top Go down
Gold Moon

Male Posts : 9
Mood : Funny
Something random : Look a flock of turtles!
PokeCoins : 31

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 3:04 am

My team:

Garchomp
Dragonite- Training in Diamond
Absol- Training in Diamond
Gallade
Rhyperior
Alakazam- Training in Diamond

This is my team for now....
Back to top Go down
http://www.tkdclan.weebly.com www.wiichat.com
Storm
Storm

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 4:48 am

I kind of lul at that team. If in tiers, youd get raped, cuz Garchomp bumps you up to Ubers. I see a Specs Mence ripping through this team, possibly some difficulty from Rhyperior.

Garchomp is Uber. He is obviously a fantastic pokemon, but this entire team would get worked over in Ubers, making Garchomp obsolete. Garchomp must go.

Dragonite is a great poke all around. Depending on what you use him for, offense or defense, will change up depending on the team. Based on the fact that everything on this team looks to be attacking, I would suggest DNite to be a support wall. His movepool loves that.

Absol is.... Meh. Obvious attacker for this team, I assume you run the Swords Dance set or the Choice Scarf set to make up for his paltry speed? Either way, hes not that great a poke, and considering you already have a Gallade and an Alakazam, he really serves no purpose on this team.

Gallade...good attacker, could be used as a Special wall with his considerable SpD, but due to his lack of support moves, a blunt attacker is your best bet. Choice Scarf set would add to this teams complete disregard for speed (Alakazam being the exception)

Rhyperior. I hate Rhyperior. Solid Rock makes him much more useful than his preevolved form, but still inferior to a wide variety of other pokes. He makes a good physical wall, but lacks any support moves worth interest. If your going for an attacker, then hes fine. Just dont expect him to last long.

Alakazam is a great poke and makes up for this teams lack of Speed and SpAtk, but doesnt quite merit enough to pull this team out of a rut if it comes in contact with a Specs Mence.

Basically, this team is bad. I mean, all your attackers have terrible speed capabilities, including ridiculously bad weaknesses. Absol cant take a hit for its life, Gallade has no defense, and Rhyperior has no power with SpD. Given that he has Solid Rock, he may be the one you want to keep.

Dragonite
Rhyperior
Alakazam

That seems to be where you stand right now. Pending move sets, this is all I can do to help you. Unless your open to suggestions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The "What's your team?" thread!
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next