PokeChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PokeChat

Welcome to PokeChat. For both Pokemaniacs and occasional players! (Currently spam-free! ..For now.)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The "What's your team?" thread!

Go down 
+9
J
Twizdid
bigwillly
Fox
Shadow*91
Porygon-Ultimate
Dal
Storm
Splash_King
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Gold Moon

Male Posts : 9
Mood : Funny
Something random : Look a flock of turtles!
PokeCoins : 31

The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 5:40 am

That really got to me.... Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.tkdclan.weebly.com www.wiichat.com
Storm
Storm

Male Posts : 416
Mood : MYAW! The King Has Returned
Something random : Definition of Love: Making a shot to the kneecap of a target 120 Kilometers away using an Aratech SD Sniper Rifle with a Tri-Light Scop. - HK-47
PokeCoins : 1240

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 6:05 am

Ok.... Simple evaluation, Nowhere near as harsh as CK's would have been.
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

Female Posts : 604
Mood : Splashing
Something random : Magikarps - YOU LIEK THAM?
PokeCoins : 1491

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 7:29 am

Bahahah, you were more harsh than I would of been, Storm. I'm flat out to the point, but I think you're missing a few points.

Anyways, I'll give my own analysis; a bit more in-depth, but nothing too serious.

As Storm mentioned, Garchomp is in the uber tier, so if you play people by tiers, make sure you don't use Garchomp; otherwise that lets other people use scary legends like Mewtwo or Kyogre. If you just play by a "no legends" rule or something like that, though, feel free to keep 'Chomp though.

I'll start with typing. You've got an ok expanse of poke types, but defensively, you need some improvement. The main problem would be you lack a lot of key resistances. For example, you have 2 weaknesses to Dragon, but none of your pokemon resist Dragon. This could put you in a bad situation if you're fighting dragon types.

Another really bad weakness, is ice; three of your pokemon are weak to it, both dragons 2x. Basically you have a bad Ice and Dragon weakness. I would highly recommend dropping your Dragonite for a Steel type pokemon, mainly because Garchomp is tons better than Dragonite, and you'll drop both a dragon weakness, ice weakness, and gain a resist for both of them with one pokemon change. It's a bargain, yeah?

With a single steel type on your team, you're much less vulnerable in terms of weaknesses and have more resistances, so you're mostly fine in all other areas. I'd personally recommend a bulky and powerful steel like Metagross or Scizor; definatly don't use something defensively weak like a Lucario.

Anyways, now onto an individual poke analysis.

Garchomp is a great poke, no doubt. Make sure all his moves are physical though, considering his Sp. atk is somewhat low, especially compared to his attack; in other words, keep off moves like Flamethrower or Draco Meteor. In terms of moves, I'd recommend Dragon Claw/Earthquake/Fire Fang as the 3 main moves. From there on, you can add a move like Swords Dance to double his attack in one turn and smash everything, or a move like Stone Edge to hit flying types, or even Outrage if you want a super powerful but risky move; oh, if you're thinking of using Hyper Beam/Giga Impact on any pokemon, don't. Especially not Garchomp. Outrage does twice as much damage as Giga Impact over two turns; in fact, Giga Impact has 150 Power. When Outrage is used by a Dragon type, it has an amazing 180 power; and you get to use the move atleast twice in a row.

Outrage >>>>> Giga Impact.

I won't be doing an analysis for Dragonite, unless you tell me you plan on keeping him.

Absol is pretty meh, as Storm said. His defenses are crappy, and his speed is low. Not to mention his movepool isn't all that good. If you want a Dark type, you'll want to use the insanely powerful Tyranitar. Tyranitar has much better defenses, higher attack, high HP, and although he's a bit slower than Absol, it's really worth it. Tyranitar's ability Sand Stream calls up a sandstorm, which can really help your team. If you do add a Steel type to your team, they won't take any damage from the Sandstorm. In a sandstorm, Garchomp gains a 28% evasion boost, meaning he's really hard to get hit in the Sandstorm; it's basically as much as using two double teams in a row, and it doesn't cost a single turn! Rhyperior gains a Sp. Def boost since he's a Rock type, which makes him much bulkier against special attackers. Tyranitar gets that Sp. Def boost too, making him really hard to take down. In short, TTar really helps this team.

However, if you do use TTar AND a Steel type, I highly recommend that Steel type being a Bronzong with the ability levitate (not heatproof). Otherwise, you'll have 3 pokes weak to ground moves. Bronzong is a bulky and good poke though, he isn't strong offensively, but he learns great moves like Explosion (does massive damage, even though he's weak) and Hypnosis (puts an enemy to sleep, letting you pummel it for a few turns without taking damage). Since he's slow, Gyro Ball gains power if the enemy is just even moderatly fast, which can often give it around 120 power or even up to 150, and since Bronzong's a Steel type, that move can gain half more power too. So if you do use a Steel and TTar together, Bronzong's a great poke to have.

Although, if you don't want to use Bronzong but want a pokemon that can bring in a Sandstorm/hit hard, you can use Hippowdon instead of TTar. It doesn't have an annoying ground weakness, and it's Earthquake is extremely powerful, not to mention it brings up a permanent Sandstorm, just like Tyranitar. Hippowdon also learns great moves like Slack Off (which heals 50% of it's HP, considering it's very strong defensively, it can take a hit and then heal with ease) or Yawn (which automatically puts the enemy to sleep next turn, letting you heal and/or attack them until they're KO'd). Bronzong, TTar, and Hippowdon, they're all epic pokes.

You're crazy Storm, Gallade has a great support movepool. Will-O-Wisp, Relfect/Light Screen (both I believe), Hypnosis, and so on. Ofcourse, Gallade still has massive attack, so an all-out attacker is very useful. Some standard moves for Gallade to have are Close Combat (180 power since Gallade's a fighting type makes it an insanely powerful move), Psycho Cut (105 power is great since Gallade is also Psychic, and critical hits hurt), and a few optional moves like Night Slash (if you don't choose Tyranitar, this is a great move to make up for not having a dark type), Stone Edge, and even Leaf Blade if you move tutor him. If you use all of those high Critical Hit moves, you can give him a Scope Lens and smash enemies with a slew of Critical Hits, it's not a bad strategy. So yeah, Gallade is great.

Rhyperior may have low Sp. Def (which a Sandstorm can greatly help!), but his HP and Defense are naturally huge. He may not last against special attackers, but against physical attackers, he will definatly stay healthy awhile, especially with Solid Rock. Not to mention he hits extremely hard with Rock and Ground moves; Earthquake and Stone Edge are a must for moves. Add in a few other strong moves like Hammer Arm or Megahorn (trust me, it can be a useful move), and he hits everything hard. Just keep him away from Special Attackers as much as possible, and he won't let you down.

Alakazam is ok, but you already have Gallade as a Psychic type. I would highly recommend a Starmie over Alakazam, mainly because Starmie has a much better movepool, and is better defensively. Starmie is the only poke with a great water move on your team, and Surf from it will hit hard. It still retains Psychic typing, so a strong Psychic is a great move. Starmie also learns Thunderbolt and Ice Beam, powerful special moves that can take out your teams' weakness: Water types can give you a hassle so Thunderbolt 'em, Ice Beam takes out problematic Dragon types, in case your Steel type is knocked out (or if you don't choose to use one). Alakazam can hit hard, but it's only reliable moves are Psychic and Focus Blast. You already have pokes with fighting moves on your team, Starmie can learn Psychic, and Alakazam is crap defensively. I'd highly recommend a Starmie with the moves I mentioned.

All in all, the team isn't bad, but it's below average; mainly because of overlapping weaknesses (and Absol, lol... Absol is epic but he's just not that good). If you consider even just a few ideas I mentioned, you could really improve your team's functionality, trust me.

Lol, I went more in-depth with this than I thought I would. lol! Guess I got carried away. Ah well, that's a good thing.
Back to top Go down
Gold Moon

Male Posts : 9
Mood : Funny
Something random : Look a flock of turtles!
PokeCoins : 31

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 6:32 pm

Thanks CK. Here may be my new team:

Alakazam
Salamence
Metagross (training)
Gengar

Sorry Dragonite did not make the team.... He was slow and yeah... I need to train 2 more. I lack speed so I need some suggestions
Back to top Go down
http://www.tkdclan.weebly.com www.wiichat.com
Storm
Storm

Something random : Definition of Love: Making a shot to the kneecap of a target 120 Kilometers away using an Aratech SD Sniper Rifle with a Tri-Light Scop. - HK-47

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 8:14 pm

Thanks for showing me up CK. lol jk

I recommended taking out Gallade for a faster attacker, seeing as how the team had basically no speed. Anyways, you make really good suggestions. I still have much to do before attaining your level CK, but I will get there. One day....

Very Happy:D:D
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 11:45 pm

Gold Moon wrote:
Thanks CK. Here may be my new team:

Alakazam
Salamence
Metagross (training)
Gengar

Sorry Dragonite did not make the team.... He was slow and yeah... I need to train 2 more. I lack speed so I need some suggestions

Ah, good, you decided on Metagross. Since you didn't list it, I assume you're not using Rhyperior anymore? With Salamence and Gengar giving you two ground immunitiess, you could definatly add Tyranitar onto the team. Even with these new previsions it could be very helpful, considering it resists Dark and Ghost (which Alakazam and Gengar are weak to), as well as an immunity to Psychic for Gengar support. Fire doesn't hit him hard either, so he can help Metagross with his resists.

Anyways, if you won't use TTar, any ideas on what your last two will be?
Back to top Go down
Dal
Dal

Male Posts : 348
Mood : That depends...
Something random : Just remember this: take the blue pill.
PokeCoins : 970

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 4:55 pm

Here's a Rain Dance team I hope to work on as soon as I get a Ludicolo:

Ludicolo
Damp rock
-Surf
-Energy Ball
-Ice Beam
-Rain Dance

Toxicroak (Dry Skin)
Life Orb
-Revenge
-Poison Jab
-Sucker Punch
-Stone Edge

Bibarel (Simple)
Leftovers
-Curse
-Waterfall
-Facade
-Amnesia

Wailord
Choice Scarf
-Water Spout
-Ice Beam
-???
-???

Kingdra
Life Orb
-Outrage
-Waterfall
-DragonDance
-???

Still deciding on what the 6th Poke should be.
Back to top Go down
Storm
Storm

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 7:37 pm

You should have a Bronzong rain dancing! lulz.
Back to top Go down
J
J

Male Posts : 132
Mood : The Grim Heaper
Something random : Daisukenojo
PokeCoins : 411

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 10:06 pm

Right now, I'm only in Celestic Toen, but my party consists of:

lvl 44 Luxray
lvl 39 Infernape ( and I'm happy to say, all of its Invisible Numbers are 31)
that's all I really have for pokemon to fight with, because they normally kill them all in one hit.
But also have in my party:

lvl 20 Staravia
lvl 22 Houndour (hatched)
an egg (Houndours, I just hatch them because I can)
and a lvl 12 Bidoof (my HM Slave)

But I plan on getting a Metagross and Garchomp to go along with it. And maybe something from my Ruby (if I can find it)
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 10:31 am

Mist wrote:

Bullshit. How do you even know that? Razz You're also thinking of "Individual Values", that'd be the correct term.
Back to top Go down
Storm
Storm

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 5:30 pm

Now now, calm down CK. lol! Btw, I still have to trade you that Dragonite I have with 31 in all IV's except Special Attack (But who cares. Its Dragonite) and Adamant nature. Hes a freakin powerhouse.
Back to top Go down
J
J

Male Posts : 132
Mood : The Grim Heaper
Something random : Daisukenojo
PokeCoins : 411

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 4:17 pm

TheOriginalOne-CK wrote:
Mist wrote:

Bullshit. How do you even know that? Razz You're also thinking of "Individual Values", that'd be the correct term.

It probably is that, but some cheap website told me it was invisible numbers. Curse them

But if there hidden (I think it's hidden) power is dark, it has all 31's.
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 6:40 am

Er, no. Hidden Power Dark can be any power from 30 to 70 on many IV combinations. If all IVs are 31, it's dark type. You could have all IVs 1 and it could still be Dark, though. Having HP dark doesn't mean you have 31 in all IVs; in fact, the odds of that being true are so impossibly low.

If you enter the stats of a pokemon without entering the correct Effort Points on an IV calculator, it'l come up as your IV being 31, so that's what must of happened. Razz
Back to top Go down
bigwillly

Male Posts : 78
Something random : FORUM HEEL
PokeCoins : 248

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 11:14 am

I've been training hard these days this is my pokemonsters:

Luxray lvl 100

Gastrodon Lvl 100

Toraterra Lvl 100

Staraptor lvl 50

Machamp lvl 50

Garchomp lvl 72

Pwned the elite 4 last night. good stuff
Back to top Go down
Storm
Storm

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 12:49 am

New team. No EV spreads yet, but Id like opinions/ Comments/ suggestions.

Swampert @ Jolly @ Salac Berry @ Torrent
~ Waterfall
~ Earthquake
~ Substitute
~ Endeavor

Cradily @ Careful @ Leftovers @ Suction Cups
~ Toxic
~ Protect
~ Rock Slide
~ Recover

Drapion @ Adamant @ Salac Berry @ Battle Armor
~ Toxic Spikes
~ Taunt
~ Crunch
~ Earthquake

Starmie @ Modest @ Leftovers @ Natural Cure
~ Recover
~ Surf
~ Thunderbolt
~ Rapid Spin

Flygon @ Jolly @ Life Orb @ Levitate
~ Earthquake
~ Dragon Claw
~ Stone Edge
~ Roost

Empoleon @ Modest @ Leftovers @ Torrent
~ Surf
~ Grass Knot
~ Ice Beam
~ Yawn
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 5:04 am

Empoleon's and Swampert's jobs should be switched around, if you ask me. Swampert isn't too viable as a sweeper, that set is borderline novelty. Empoleon gets the job done as a sweeping water type much better with it's SubPetaya Agility set. And even then, Gyarados is better than the both of them.

Besides, Swampert could be used as a SR lead, which would be more helpful than that Empoleon set. Or atleast when considering this team has no solid lead.

Cradily is pretty fail without Sandstorm support, and even then, it's only a special wall. I really recommend dropping it. There's better toxi-stallers too.

Drapion's stats are too lackluster to be used outside of UU, it also needs to be dropped. There are many better TS'ers.

Starmie absolutely needs Timid. I'm not sure why you're running a defensive Starmie, though. That set's primary use is getting rid of entry hazards; your team isn't weak to SR. I don't see any point in using a spinning Starmie. You may want to go with a Trick set, or flat out Choice set instead.

Flygon is fine.

That Empoleon set is fine too, but as I said earlier, switching around Swampert's and Empoleon's roles would be a good idea. ... Not to mention having a special sweeper means Skarmory won't wall the hell out of you, once your Starmie is gone (possibly via Pursuit).

I'm not giving a detailed analysis beyond the pokes yet, since you said yourself this team is still in experimental stages; and there's a few pokes that need to be dropped. ... I know, half-hearted review, sorry Storm. =/
Back to top Go down
Storm
Storm

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 5:17 am

Ok, thank you CK. So, what should I drop Drapion for? And I was looking at the SubPetaya set for Empoleon, and I pretty well agree with you. So in your opinion, what should I run on Starmie and Swampert? I know Gyarados is better, I thought it would be better to have more immunities and resistances over sheer power though. An if I make Swampert the lead with Stealth Rock, what should I drop Drapion for then? He was my lead up till now.
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 5:24 am

I'm here to give advice, not tell you what pokes to use. Razz

My advice for your choices, though, would be a faster poke. Having only a single speedy poke (Starmie), which isn't even at the top of the OU charts, isn't a good idea. Your team needs more speed or you'll get slaughtered; if your Starmie is gone, a Gyarados or especially an Infernape could rampage through this team with ease.

Also, since you have a 2x Grass weakness (Starmie and Swampert), you may want a poke that resists grass, especially since you don't have any resistances to it already. If you don't want to get a grass resist on this poke, you could always switch Flygon to Salamence. Salamence has intimidate to help counter the aforementioned Gyara and Infernape, better resistances, and higher speed/attacking stats. Flygon is pretty lacking offensively, after all.

More advice, is that you don't want a toxistall poke. This isn't a stall team, you need either a wall, a sweeper, or a (better) supporter.
Back to top Go down
Storm
Storm

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 5:29 am

Well, I was thinking of Skarmory as my resist for grass. I was also thinking of putting in Bronzong as a support, that and he also adds lots of resistances and immunities. What do you think? I want to keep Flygon though. He provides a good electric resist for those that threaten Starmie, Empoleon, and Skarmory if I put him in.
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 5:39 am

Even with Flygon, I wouldn't recommend having a triple electric resist, considering many special attackers carry Thunderbolt. You'll want something different than a Skarmory.

Bronzong, however, isn't a bad idea. Still gets the grass resist (without having terrible Sp. def), and gets great support moves. A Lightscreen/Reflect Bronzong would also help aid your Empoleon set up a sweep, considering it'd have an easier time getting down an agility, then substituting. There's also trick 'Zong for some support, although you won't want Stealth Rock on it if you use Swampert as a lead.

If you decide to use Bronzong as a SR lead instead, Swampert also has a few new options opened up to it too. For example, a Choice Band set for more power on your team. It could still be your average MixPert too, minus Stealth Rock for something just as useful, like roar to stop a deadly sweep (from something such as a Gyarados).
Back to top Go down
Storm
Storm

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 5:49 am

I like that. I just figured triple electric resist bc of the double/triple electric weakness to the team. Along with a multiple ground immunity, the team looks pretty good.

I think a Stealth rock Bronzong lead would be good. What moveset though?

Stealth Rock
Reflect
Light Screen
Explosion
Item = Light Clay?

How does that look?

And i think running a choicepert would do well since this team will be switching fluently often.
As for him, how does this set look

Swampert
Jolly
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Waterfall
Avalanche

I figure that Rock Slide can bash any Gyarados who tries setting up on Swampert. Jolly nature to outspeed most other things Swampert usually couldnt. What do you think of the above?
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 6:02 am

That Choicepert is fine, but you'll want Adamant instead; he doesn't outrun crap, lol. Stone Edge over Rockslide, however. Avalanche is a bit lackluster on a choice set, but you don't have access to Ice Punch, sadly... it'l have to do.

Combining screens and SR isn't the best of ideas. He needs one or the other; a sweeper supporter, or a lead. Here's a typical SR lead set.

Gyro Ball
Stealth Rock
Hypnosis
Earthquake

Earthquake is to hit things like Heatran and Magnezone which otherwise rape him, and Gyro Ball can OHKO speedy threats like Weavile and Gengar, even though Bronzong's attack is lackluster. Hypnosis is for support against things that'l kill you, or are a threat to the rest of your team. Simple but effective set.
Back to top Go down
Storm
Storm

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 6:05 am

Hmmm... I see. I completely overlooked Stone Edge. lolz. My bad.

As for Bronzong, Id think this moveset may work.

Gyro Ball
Stealth Rock
Light Screen
Explosion

What do you think is better?

I also see what you mean about the nature for pert. Too bad he doesnt get Aqua Jet. that would be mean.
Back to top Go down
Splash_King
Splash_King

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 6:11 am

Trust me, EQ is more important on this set than Light Screen. Explosion doesn't have all-that much power on 'Zong either, and since he's very slow, it's useless as a lead. Two turns to set up SR and finally explode mean he could be 2HKO'd by something like Infernape. You definatly need EQ. I suppose you could put Light Screen or Explosion over Hypnosis, but this could be a bad idea since you don't have Platinum; Hypnosis has 70% accuracy in DP, making it more reliable.
Back to top Go down
Storm
Storm

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 6:15 am

Ok, Ill go with Hypnosis. So, Gyro Ball, EQ, Hypnosis, Stealth Rock... That works. Still thinking what to take out Cradily for. Either a wall, attacker, or status... What about Dusknoir?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "What's your team?" thread!   The "What's your team?" thread! - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The "What's your team?" thread!
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next